Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: tUnE-yArDs

^I'm so excited for this album!! I've been playing tune-yards heavily during the past few months. A lot of pre-reviews i've heard say it's quite dancey.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    New song and video guys!

I'm digging it!

i love this!!

Listening to I Can Feel Your Creep Into My Private Life for the first time now!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

So I went to the tune-yards in-store performance at Amoeba Music here in LA yesterday. It was the first time i'd done an in-store concert but this place is legendary and I got over the awkward-ness of standing in aisles of cds. Merrill was amazing, her voice always blows me away. After the show she signed lps and cds for all of us there, and I got to talk to her a bit. I told her how I first saw her, when I had no idea who she was, at the Hollywood Bowl in 2010 opening for Goldfrapp and the Buena Vista Social Club! She was like, "Ya, that's so interesting we were like 'We have no idea why we're here?!'" She was so natural and friendly.

I liked the new songs, very beat-heavy and lots of grooves. Anyways, i'll definitely be going to their El Rey show in February.

That sounds like a great show and I'm totally envious that you got to meet her! I'm seeing them soon playing quite a small venue so hopefully I'll get a chance too!

I love in-store gigs. I work a few minutes walk from a really cool indie record shop so can catch random gigs on my lunch break.
    Last edited by beanstew; 01-26-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    That sounds like a great show and I'm totally envious that you got to meet her! I'm seeing them soon playing quite a small venue so hopefully I'll get a chance too!

I love in-store gigs. I work a few minutes walk from a really cool indie record shop so can catch random gigs on my lunch break.
    That's awesome!! Ya the new songs are quite beat-driven like I mentioned before so even in the confines of a record store, which is still a bit awkward, people were bopping.

Here are a few more pics from the gig:

Continuing the tune-yards luv, I'm going to the El Rey Theater gig tonight! I'm looking forward to my first full set from them and I hope Merill and the gang rock the joint as I'm sure they will. I haven't listened to the new album that much yet but I hope they play plenty of their old songs as well.