Page 134 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2724

Thread: Unrepentant Geraldines: your reviews and impressions

Quote Originally Posted by datura1452 View Post
    ^^

There´s a review in that link you gave that says this:

"Extra Tracks" is not true - it's actually REPLACEMENT track. And it's the worst possible replacement. Some marketing fool thought that the remix version of Professional Widow should be added after this was a dance hit. It's totally at odds with the rest of the album. Worse still, they removed In the Springtime of His Voodoo to fit the PW remix on.
    This is a wonderful, 5-star album, but don't waste your money on this particular version of it. Get the real thing.

The review is from 2003 so I dont know if applies now.

I think still its pretty difficult to find a legitimate BFP copy. It sucks. I really want a new copy.
    Yeah, those reviews just cross all versions of the record no matter which one you look at. Which isn't helpful at all! They should have separated reviews per version so that we know for sure. But I think the important factor is if the copy is the January 1996 release.

Like if you look at this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boys-Pele-To...+boys+for+pele it says "1997", which is obviously the bad one. But then it's just a case of ordering the 1996 version and hoping the 1996 IS what they send, which it should be if that's what they advertised, otherwise there might be legal implications. But still, it's never a 100% certainty.

I was glad I got my copy though. Due to it I finally discovered love for Voodoo. I always fast forwarded past that before but playing a CD straight through (without the interruption of flipping the tape), made that track suddenly blossom for me
    Last edited by Myshuno; 06-24-2014 at 06:34 PM.
    "What use sorrow in an isle of ghosts?"

Of all the songs Rose Dover is the one that has grown on me.My first reaction was not good("Ugh Ribbons Undone part 2") but at this point i really dig that upbeat part and the bird line makes me relate the song with Selkie and title track which is a huge plus for me.I love connecting songs with each other
    the draught was the very worst

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Grace View Post
    Wait, do people really like Tear in your hand?
    Yep. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I don't think I have the energy to explain Marianne again. I've been explaining Marianne on the forumz for 15 years.
    You don't have to "explain" Marianne, 'cuz Tori already did it for you. We'll be curious to read about YOUR VIEW on that song when and if you feel like telling it.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Gurrrrl, I wish I knew. Is the summer heat already baking some brains?
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Tear is my fave off LE. I am going to cry in the toilet and listen to it on repeat. Seriously though, I'm amazed at what I am reading!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    I've seen copies of the original Pele CD in stores around my city. If anyone is interested I might be able to snag a couple.

I don't know where the dissing and dismantling of Pele began but OMFG. I wouldn't touch any song on it. Same goes, as others said, with all other 90s album. Even Venus.

Can we retire the topic of edits/cuts/personal playlists for fucking ever yet?

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Tear In Your Hand is one of my favorite Tori songs, so I don't understand that either. I just don't understand the Tori fandom at all and have stopped trying haha. We are a strange lot.

And simply to get back on topic: Still loving the album. Weatherman slays me every time. What a brilliant song.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Of all the songs Rose Dover is the one that has grown on me.My first reaction was not good("Ugh Ribbons Undone part 2") but at this point i really dig that upbeat part and the bird line makes me relate the song with Selkie and title track which is a huge plus for me.I love connecting songs with each other

Oh also i really started to like America.This time the bridge does not come off as jarring thank god. The album has grown on me i guess.I still hate the middle part of it but everything else is pretty solid.Interesting, it is the only post Scarlet album that has grown on me over time for now .The melodies come to me and i like humming them.
    the draught was the very worst

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    /aside: Kari did one of the best posts ever on these forums about Boys For Pele, and it opened up the album even more to me after reading it. I fucking love that record to bits, and it's an essential work of genius (which is not a term I use lightly) in Tori's oeuvre and it is also, oddly, the one album where there are officially fucked with versions of it on sale.

UG is still wonderful. Though, I never expected that "Promise" would be my most listened to on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Please, forever.
    ... here i am!

Banned
    I've never made a personal edit to any of her albums, if I upload an album I include even the cringe inducing, they invented skip for a reason.

Contrary to my initial reaction to the album, I now only listen to the songs I disliked when it was released: UG and 16 Shades. And I really like Forest of Glass, except for the robotic vocal "lift up your head, lift up your heart." Everything else seems too weighed down sonically. I really have no desire to hear any of the other songs on UG.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak