Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1522

Thread: Feminism

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Because he needed her to react "as a girl", because God knows you can't trust a woman to do her job properly. You have to trick her into it like tricking a child into eating their broccoli.

Disgusting.

Kasich vetoed the heartbeat bill, but signed the 20 week ban.
    In reaching the split decision on the two bans, adopted last week by the Ohio legislature, Mr. Kasich said the so-called heartbeat bill was “clearly contrary to the Supreme Court’s current rulings on abortion.” He called the 20-week ban the “best, most legally sound and sustainable approach to protecting the sanctity of human life.”.
    “There’s no way we’re going to take this lying down,” said Gabriel Mann, a spokesman for Naral Pro-Choice Ohio, an advocacy group. “It’s too horrific of a restriction for women who are facing medical complications and situations where they need an abortion around that 20-week period.”

About 20,000 abortions are performed in Ohio each year, Mr. Mann said, and fewer than 2 percent occur after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Anyone read this?

Girls feel 'less talented' by age six

Disheartening! But not really surprising in a world where Trump can be elected president.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

gotta get you back to you... Irene's Avatar
    So I just went on a pretty fucked up date, and needed a place to vent. Hope you all don't mind.

I should add that, as a victim of repeated sexual assualt myself, his words were immensely triggering for me. I'm still trying to sort through it.
    Last edited by Irene; 02-08-2017 at 01:57 PM.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    I wish I had anything useful to add, except that I am so sorry you had to experience that.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Mackerel's Avatar
    that kind of mentality has become surprisingly common among a LOT of men. a lot. i'm very disturbed by it. it originated out of those pickup artist/red pill reddit forums and spread out.

Yeah, it seems pretty MRA or at least MRA-lite. Sorry you had to deal with that, Irene.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    I wish I had anything useful to add, except that I am so sorry you had to experience that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle View Post
    that kind of mentality has become surprisingly common among a LOT of men. a lot. i'm very disturbed by it. it originated out of those pickup artist/red pill reddit forums and spread out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Yeah, it seems pretty MRA or at least MRA-lite. Sorry you had to deal with that, Irene.
    Thank you so much to you all, and for the supportive and encouraging dots I received. I can't express how much they mean to me at the moment, because I've been in a more shaky space today than I'd like to admit. I feel almost ashamed to admit I had a hearty cry over it today. I spent most of my adulthood dismissing the sexual abuse I received as a teen, thinking maybe it "really wasn't that bad", maybe wasn't even rape or sexual assault. So that's why his words about how the label is either overused or just plain bullshit felt like an arrow through my chest. I know I shouldn't listen to this kind of crap, but of course when triggered like this it can be hard to block it out. I agree with you Carbunkle and those that dotted me, it seems to have become a mind-numbingly common perspective, but what makes me ill is that I found it in someone who participated in the Women's March! Ugh.

ETA: I will say after the good cry and the support I received both here and the friends I talked to, I know I'm going to bounce back just fine, I just needed to have a moment. Yet another reason why I love this place.
    Last edited by Irene; 02-09-2017 at 02:41 AM.

So sorry you went through that, Irene. And yeah, that's some classic MRA bullshit. Unfortunately, shitty men are not exclusive to the Republican party.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    What an idiot, luckily you found out about it relatively soon. It is not feminism that broke "male identity" at all, "male identity" in our modern western society was extremely fragile and broken to begin with. I wonder how many times he was "sexually assaulted" and felt actually physically threatened to be forced into something unwanted? That number is probably zero.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    So sorry you went through that, Irene. And yeah, that's some classic MRA bullshit. Unfortunately, shitty men are not exclusive to the Republican party.
    Indeed. And thank you. I mean, I know that shitty people are everywhere, but he had just got done telling me about going to the Women's March with his 7-yr old daughter, so I was really not expecting such a steady stream of sexism to follow that preamble. By the end of it I had wondered why he attended at all. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    What an idiot, luckily you found out about it relatively soon. It is not feminism that broke "male identity" at all, "male identity" in our modern western society was extremely fragile and broken to begin with. I wonder how many times he was "sexually assaulted" and felt actually physically threatened to be forced into something unwanted? That number is probably zero.
    Exactly! And thank you my friend. The support means a lot.

Everyone here has been awesome, and I just knew before posting that people here would get it. You guys are wonderful.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Hopped in on a mailing list discussion about alternative facts and was immediately hit with "oh look, here's a feminazi cunt menstruating all over this conversation" and "fuck off feminazi". I didn't even mention gender, they were just going off my name. I'm so tempted to get a burner email account with a gender-neutral name.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I’m Such A Feminist I Took The Day Off, Too

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee on Medium.

By Christopher “Flex” Gregory, Guest Columnist

I’ll be bravely spending my day at home with my girlfriend, who wanted to take the day off, but couldn’t or we wouldn’t be able to make rent this month. She works from home as a freelance designer. I’m so proud of her! I’ll be spending my whole day on the couch watching her do her thing because, as a male feminist, it is my duty to support her no matter what. She is a brave, beautiful, busty, gorgeous, skinny, perfect little sprite and she loves me as the male feminist I am.

She supports me in all that I do and smiled with muted pride when I announced that I would be standing by all of my sisters in protest today. I know she’s excited to spend the day with me because I always have some ideas for her on how she could make her design work more inclusive. Inclusivity is a huge part of being a feminist, and I think we could all use that extra “push” every once in a while.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Anna Faris has a podcast, Unqualified. The latest episode is with Terry Crews. Terry, he's fucking awesome. He goes on this gigantic tirade on toxic masculinity. I've heard him say similar things before in pieces, but it was quite the thing of beauty. I really value him as an ally because he embodies all that is MANLY in our culture yet he can still be sensitive and show that you can be both. That you can be a jock and not a dick. It was such a refreshing take down of how our hetero sex roles are. I kind of need that from time to time.

Love Terry