Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 1,336 to 1,341 of 1341

Thread: Feminism

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    ^^

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Honestly, it's incredible the lengths some dudes will go to to protect anything superhero/comic related as "men only". I don't recall men getting this amped up about women only screenings of Magic Mike or other movies which have received the same treatment. This is not an unusual kind of promo. They're just so fucking possessive about this comic stuff, it's unbelievable.

I have a niece who bitterly disappointed me when she got upset that Marvel decided to turn Thor into a woman. She didn't get the least bit upset when he was a frog. She thinks she's a rebel but she just goes along with the testosterone set no matter what.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Not a DC fan myself, but a women-only screening for Wonder Woman sounds like a great idea. Very fitting! Must say that I'm generally disappointed with how powerful female comic heroes are translated to - or absent from - the screen, in particular Disney's portrayal of Marvel comics. . In Avengers Black Widow plays "teh woman", Wasp is completely absent and the Scarlet Witch character could not really be salvaged after destroying her essence in the first film. Fortunately 20th century fox still holds the rights to X-men, and they are doing a way better job in that regard, I think; even though Storm and Rogue were kind of watered down versions of what they probably should be.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

I don't know if this was a subtweet or something, but I can hear the "Actually" in this hypothetical man's voice.