Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091
Results 1,351 to 1,355 of 1355

Thread: Feminism

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Is anybody else perturbed by this whole BDE nonsense?
    YEP. Was already annoyed, then read an article proclaiming that it's feminist because it's reclaiming the word dick and BDE women include Rihanna and Cate Blanchett. NOPE NOPE NOPE.

^exactly! I cannot believe how many people have jumped on board with the BDE bullshit! PPE: Positive Pussy Energy!

Last time I heard of BDE, it meant Best Day Ever. What's new with it?

BDE: Big Dick Energy

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

I would like to say something about the specific way conservatives react to female liberal comedians who trash female conservative political figures.

Saying "If you’re going to support women, support all women" denies that women are individuals. Imagine saying "If you are going to claim you like pizza, you have to like ALL pizza." What if the pizza has pineapple on it? What if the pizza wants to make homosexuality illegal?

I'm saying women are pizza. That's the first point. Beyond that, female liberal comedians are targeted FOR being female. The hand-wringing claim of "anti-feminism" is in itself anti-feminist, in that it assumes female comedians must hold themselves to a more delicate standard.

In that vein, the very notion that women are "off-limits" by the mere fact of their gender is retrograde. Female political figures aren't fragile flowers - "A mother!" "A wife!" "A 40-year old daughter!" - they are responsible for their actions and inactions.

When "appearance" gets involved, the shit hits the fan for female comedians in the eyes of conservatives. Women aren't supposed to criticize each other's clothes or makeup or hair because it's assumed they can't TAKE getting criticized for it. We can. You taught us. With Hillary.

Speaking of Hillary. This is where I'm coming from. I recently wrote jokes about an ugly dress worn by Karen Pence, who is currently a heartbeat away from decorating the White House in Precious Moments figurines. Actual news articles were written about how I was a gender traitor.

Would those suddenly concerned bloggers have policed me if I trashed one of Hillary's terrible knee-length mandarin collar jackets that look like Darth Vader's sassiest aunt is here for space polka? No, I don't think they would have.

Would women who are FAR MORE VISIBLE AND HAVE ACTUAL PLATFORMS be routinely eviscerated and publicly chastised by Fox News if their targets were democrats? No. This is ONLY about a ravenous hunt for a "gotcha." It's not about women OR comedy at all. It's about getting liberals.

Liberal female comedians are a perfect target because standards around FEMALENESS is being used as a tool to silence outspoken, critical LIBERAL voices. And COMEDY is the conduit for the most vulgarity outside the Presidency itself. In conclusion: Witch hunt. Goodnight and xo.
    I totally agree with this. I do think some people try to get away with over the line things by labeling it as comedy, but much, much, much more often women are torn apart for betraying the sisterhood for criticizing people who aren't part of the sisterhood at all (Palin, Sanders, Ivanka).