Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Party of Family Values

I didn't know how much I needed this. Not as good as the Rand Paul neighbor fight, but pretty damn good

A Family Of Woodchucks Ate Paul Ryan's Car

House Speaker Paul Ryan explained Thursday that a family of woodchucks moved into his Chevy Suburban recently, eating the wiring, and rendering the car useless.

"My car was eaten by animals," Ryan said, to laughs from an audience at an event hosted by the Economic Club of Washington D.C. "It's just dead."

"So I towed it into the dealer, they put it up, and they realized that a family of woodchucks lived in the underbody of my Suburban," Ryan said.
    My favorite comment I saw was "this is the only time he's fed the hungry."

A GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women 'sluts' anymore

CNN's KFile reviewed several months of audio from Rep. Jason Lewis on the "Jason Lewis Show," a syndicated radio program Lewis hosted from 2009 until 2014 with the tagline "America's Mr. Right." In one instance, while arguing that "young single women" vote based on coverage of birth control pills, Lewis said those women were not human beings and were without brains.

When radio host Rush Limbaugh called women's rights activists and then-graduate student Sandra Fluke "a slut" in February 2012, Lewis repeatedly expressed disbelief that people could no longer refer to women as sluts.
    "Well, the thing is, can we call anybody a slut? This is what begs the question. Take this woman out of it, take Rush out of it for a moment," Lewis said in a March 2012 episode. "Does a woman now have the right to behave -- and I know there's a double standard between the way men chase women and running and running around -- you know, I'm not going to get there, but you know what I'm talking about. But it used to be that women were held to a little bit of a higher standard. We required modesty from women. Now, are we beyond those days where a woman can behave as a slut, but you can't call her a slut?"

Lewis, during a December 2012 segment on changes in the culture, said, "Only we can tell our young women, 'don't look like some slut and you won't get hit on.'"

In a statement, Lewis' campaign defended his comments.

Celtics tickets? Isn't he from California?