Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Party of Family Values

I didn't know how much I needed this. Not as good as the Rand Paul neighbor fight, but pretty damn good

A Family Of Woodchucks Ate Paul Ryan's Car

House Speaker Paul Ryan explained Thursday that a family of woodchucks moved into his Chevy Suburban recently, eating the wiring, and rendering the car useless.

"My car was eaten by animals," Ryan said, to laughs from an audience at an event hosted by the Economic Club of Washington D.C. "It's just dead."

"So I towed it into the dealer, they put it up, and they realized that a family of woodchucks lived in the underbody of my Suburban," Ryan said.
    My favorite comment I saw was "this is the only time he's fed the hungry."

A GOP congressman once lamented not being able to call women 'sluts' anymore

CNN's KFile reviewed several months of audio from Rep. Jason Lewis on the "Jason Lewis Show," a syndicated radio program Lewis hosted from 2009 until 2014 with the tagline "America's Mr. Right." In one instance, while arguing that "young single women" vote based on coverage of birth control pills, Lewis said those women were not human beings and were without brains.

When radio host Rush Limbaugh called women's rights activists and then-graduate student Sandra Fluke "a slut" in February 2012, Lewis repeatedly expressed disbelief that people could no longer refer to women as sluts.
    "Well, the thing is, can we call anybody a slut? This is what begs the question. Take this woman out of it, take Rush out of it for a moment," Lewis said in a March 2012 episode. "Does a woman now have the right to behave -- and I know there's a double standard between the way men chase women and running and running around -- you know, I'm not going to get there, but you know what I'm talking about. But it used to be that women were held to a little bit of a higher standard. We required modesty from women. Now, are we beyond those days where a woman can behave as a slut, but you can't call her a slut?"

Lewis, during a December 2012 segment on changes in the culture, said, "Only we can tell our young women, 'don't look like some slut and you won't get hit on.'"

In a statement, Lewis' campaign defended his comments.

Celtics tickets? Isn't he from California?

Also, there was a special election in OH last night. As of right now, it's too close to call officially, I believe. The Republican is ahead, but not by much. It's supposed to be a slam dunk GOP district. So yeah, it's a bummer they'll most likely retain the seat, but it shouldn't be close. And so what does it say about November and districts that are more purple?

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    It's also interesting looking at the difference in percentages between the candidates. It's not a simple as this BUT the Green Party candidate's percentage is pretty much what would have put the Democrats ahead.

Today will heretofore be known as indictment and guilty plea day

Oh fuck this guy, the 2nd to endorse Trump... the first was one of the other indicted assholes... collins?

We're probably going to be stuck with Trump for two and a half more years (ugh....) So the best we can hope for is the destruction of those who support him. Especially awful people like Ted Cruz. This brings me so much joy.

Throw Beto some spare change if you can.

And if you're in Texas, make sure you're registered to vote. Check your registration TODAY because there have been reports that people are being booted off roles. And then vote in November. Let's make sure that if nothing else happens in November, we have widespread gleeful usage of teenage Ted's "WHY AM I BEING PERSECUTED" videos.

Beto looks like he’s about to drop the mic.

On Ted’s head.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I wish. It’s always such a kick in the balls to me when I hear these races are so close. How do people still want to support Roy Moore, Ted Cruz, etc.? Thirty years of killing public education has really ruined our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wish. It’s always such a kick in the balls to me when I hear these races are so close. How do people still want to support Roy Moore, Ted Cruz, etc.? Thirty years of killing public education has really ruined our country.
    Was destroying education to make people dumb enough to vote Republican when they're poor the plan or just a useful side effect?

Speaking of, there is a primary in Arizona today. Your Republican candidates to replace Jeff Flake are Arpaio, that woman who said McCain announced he was dying just to mess her up, and a third candidate who has to be the lesser of three evils just by the total amount of evil in the other two. I wonder if one of the EXTRA terrible candidates wins that it puts Arizona into toss up territory when you factor in indifferent Republicans who won't show up at the polls and motivated Dems and independents.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar

I hate him so much and then he does adorable stuff and I hate him like .05% less and it makes me feel dirty but here look at this because it's so cute I want to cry

Two things about that service. First, MEGHAN MCCAIN. You know tough love? That was tough grief.

Second: God, it is so tucking nice to see Barack Obama again.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama