Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't care if it was him, an assistant, a hacker, fat fingers mistake, a twitter bloop (like I was following Obama last week and ONLY last week and I never followed him...). It's hilarious that of all people it's him cause it brings out the best in his haters.

I can be fair enough to say it might not have been him while still laughing about it because he would not be so fair were the shoe on another foot... but Trump's. He'll keep kissing his fat ass.

Ok, not proof but...

That tweet doesn't exist?

I checked out his feed and he had used metadata to link the "like" to the phone that is most likely Cruz's. It sounds like after he tweeted he lost confidence in his results and took the tweet down but is still extrapolating data.

https://twitter.com/wvualphasoldier/...20017978413058
    We are taking a look under the tools used to come up with last night's analysis. For now at least, I'm no longer confident in the API pulls

It's entirely possible that the analysis is correct, but for now at least, I'm unable to replicate it in my own lab. I'll keep you posted

Another blow to Mitch McConnell and "establishment" Republicans: Roy Moore, the former Chief Justice of the Alabama state Supreme Court, has won the Republican Senate primary. This is the guy who loves The Ten Commandments so much that he has them displayed over his bed. He was suspended during his tenure as Chief Justice twice, once because he ordered his probate judges to deny marriage licences to same-sex couples.

http://time.com/4956726/roy-moore-lu...abama-primary/

I didn't like either of the candidates and Moore would be a far worse senator than the nutbags we already have, but I do take some pleasure in Trump's candidate losing.

Or was he Trump's pick?

We have always been at war with Eastasia, amiright?

But in true good news:

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post

We have always been at war with Eastasia, amiright?
    I do realize that this is more an issue of his vanity and protecting his fragile ego (he ALWAYS chooses winners.... *eyeroll*)

but on another level this is some dictator-level shit right there... erasing past mistakes, changing the historical narrative? I know it's just a few tweets but it should be cause for concern.

^ Yup. Joe Biden will be stumping for the Democratic Senate candidate, Doug Jones, in the upcoming special election in Alabama. Considering the good news in New Hampshire, I am just hoping against hope that this will make a difference down south.

While I disagree with NeverTrump Republicans on so many issues, it is super entertaining watching both factions go at each other (scary, but entertaining).

Hey, let's talk about George HW Bush and his gropiness. The first story that came out... I gave him the benefit of the doubt. That he probably did it but it might be some age-related decline in mental function, a one-time weirdness. Not that old people can't be fucking amazing, but they can display erratic behavior and zero impulse control. But no, more women came forward going back a few years so it doesn't seem like a blip.

I've never liked him, but his bromance with Bill Clinton really softened him for me. Plus in relative terms, he was the best R president since Eisenhower. It's a low bar with Trump, Nixon, and W to compete with, but still...

But I'm really mad today. Like all the time I've had to spend listening to his supporters go on and on about Clinton's women issues? That anger is coming back with interest. There were rumors of infidelity for HW, but he got a pass. Now he's a true perv too? And somehow CLINTON was the defective one? So much so that his wife gets tarnished? Oh hell no. Fuck. Them. All.

It seems that Orrin Hatch is retiring from the Senate and that Mittens is contemplating running for his seat. I wonder what new nutter Bannon will find to run against him. This is going to be the most popcorn heavy midterms ever.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMMY View Post
    This is going to be the most popcorn heavy vodka laced midterms ever.
    Bannon and his klan scare the crap out of me. Trump is really awful. Bannon is worse on the KKK angle, and through Trump he's gotten his foot in the WH door.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Hey, let's talk about George HW Bush and his gropiness. The first story that came out... I gave him the benefit of the doubt. That he probably did it but it might be some age-related decline in mental function, a one-time weirdness. Not that old people can't be fucking amazing, but they can display erratic behavior and zero impulse control. But no, more women came forward going back a few years so it doesn't seem like a blip.
    I've been defending him because I suspect his inappropriate behavior is due to cognitive impairment, but many people I respect think I'm going too easy on him. All I know is that this kind of thing happens all the time in geriatric wards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I've been defending him because I suspect his inappropriate behavior is due to cognitive impairment, but many people I respect think I'm going too easy on him. All I know is that this kind of thing happens all the time in geriatric wards.
    That's totally fair. But a 4th woman came forward yesterday. So for me it has to do with how far back it goes.

It's not like being drunk and doing something stupid and people are like "Oh, they're not really like that." No, being drunk enhances who you are (generally speaking). I'm not going to go on a rant like Mel Gibson if I get drunk because I don't think like that sober.

Cognitive decline sometimes IS completely different from who someone was at their prime. Sometimes it's not. We need more evidence at this point, but I don't think it's decline. I think it's another example of GOP hypocrisy, and the weird secrecy that's allowed when it involves a Bush.

Not that I think he should go to jail. I suspect he's holding on at this point so Trump isn't the president at his funeral. But I would like to stop hearing about Clinton's indiscretions when clearly he's the only one who got caught AT THE TIME when the rest of them (and yes, perhaps NOT HW) were even worse.

^ All good points.