Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

RNC fails to report $7m in debt; Treasurer blames Steele of purposely hiding it.

The Republican National Committee failed to report more than $7 million in debt to the Federal Election Commission in recent months - a move that made its bottom line appear healthier than it is heading into the midterm elections and that also raises the prospect of a hefty fine.

In a memo to RNC budget committee members, RNC Treasurer Randy Pullen on Tuesday accused Chairman Michael S. Steele and his chief of staff, Michael Leavitt, of trying to conceal the information from him by ordering staff not to communicate with the treasurer - a charge RNC officials deny.

Mr. Pullen told the members that he had discovered $3.3 million in debt from April and $3.8 million from May, which he said had led him to file erroneous reports with the FEC. He amended the FEC filings Tuesday.

Campaign-finance analysts said that simply misreporting fundraising numbers to the FEC can lead to millions of dollars in fines and that criminal charges can be levied if the actions are suspected to be intentional.

"This is significant because the civil penalties could mean big fines that take a significant bite out of the RNC's finances close to the November congressional elections, when state parties need the RNC's financial help for their 'victory' programs," said former FEC Commissioner Hans A. von Spakovsky.

Money monkey-business AND infighting. Fun.

Why they gotta blame the black man???

This may be a convenient way to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    Why they gotta blame the black man???
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I guess it's better than their usual target, Obama.

(Maybe they confused them?)

So, did you all hear about the right-wing numbnuts who, via Twitter, offered to pay for an assault on Rep. Alan Grayson for, well, telling the truth?

Prominent conservative media critic Dan Gainor has offered $100 to the first member of Congress who punches "smary [sic] idiot" Alan Grayson (D-Fl.) in the nose, reports Media Matters. When fellow conservative Jim Geraghty responded (via Twitter) that Gainor should offer that $100 to Grayson's opponent instead of "financ[ing] violence," Gainor tweeted that he was joking, although he would "love to see the video."

The outburst was prompted by comments that Grayson made on the House floor last night regarding unemployment: namely, that Republican lawmakers are "taking food out of the mouths of children" and "trying to revive the America of desperate straits and cheap labor" by blocking the passage of legislation that would extend unemployment benefits. Gainor tweeted that Grayson is "a caricature of a Congressman," in addition to offering cash for a physical assault on him.
    If you know Grayson, you knew this would not go unanswered.

The Republican Plan: Punch Me in the Face

This is their response. This is how the right wing does it. They pay people to clean for them, to cook for them, to drive for them, and now:

To punch for them. Or, more specifically, to punch me for them.

We knew they're crazy. It turns out that they're also lazy. Too lazy to throw a punch themselves.

Honestly. This guy should be our president.

I'm so excited to be in his district now! He cracks me up, and has serious balls. Love him!

Ha! Awesome! Is that the same guy that ripped into Palin a few months back? I can't remember what he said specifically, but remember it being OMG awesome.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Fuck you, I'm a wizard! longtime companda's Avatar
    ^Yeah, she went to his district and told people not to vote for him. He said he was surprised she was able to fit his whole name on her hand and something about he how he would love to debate the issues with her but that he knew she would never follow through with it so he wouldn't get his hopes up.

Boehnher's has 3 brothers who have lost their jobs during this recession. He says he feels """"empathy"""", even though he doesn't know whether they've found jobs or not:
    “I’ve got real empathy for those who are unemployed, as most of you know I’ve got 11 brothers and sisters. I know that three of my brothers lost their jobs, I’m not sure whether they’ve found jobs, yet, so I’ve got a lot of empathy for those caught in this economic downturn,” Boehner said.

Got this from Grayson this morning:

Dear Barbara:

One day, a Republican operative offers $100 to anyone who'll punch me in the nose.

The next day, I get a death threat.

After Fox News spewed its usual clownish hatred about me yesterday, my office received a call. The caller told our receptionist - a young intern - that "10 people are going to kill the Congressman within 24 hours." We gave the information to the Capitol Police; they are investigating.

Fox. You'd think that they would have learned their lesson after Dr. George Tiller was killed. And they did learn a lesson: a lesson in killing.

And why? Because I told the truth: the truth that by stalling on unemployment insurance, right-wingers revealed themselves to be heartless, selfish wretches, who have been taking food out of the mouths of children.
    Wow. All because he told the fucking truth!!! What do they think happens to families who benefits get taken away?

"Vote for me because I do not wear high heels."

Classy! Yes, it's kind of in response to something, but still a dumb thing to say.

*sigh*

Republicans Threaten Repeals, Subpoenas If They Take Back The House

House Tea Party Caucus leader Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-Minn.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) agree: If Republicans win back control the House in November, they'll embark on an agenda of issuing subpoenas, repealing legislation, and holding hearings to investigate the Obama administration.

"I think all we should do is issue subpoenas and have one hearing after another and expose all the nonsense that has gone on," Bachmann said Thursday at the GOP Youth Convention in Washington.

Boehner said Wednesday that if he became Speaker of the House he would immediately repeal health care reform as it "not only ruined the best health care system in the world, it'll bankrupt the country." And last week, minutes after the Wall Street reform bill passed, Boehner said, "it ought to be repealed."

Republicans must win 39 seats in November to take back the House, which White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs has acknowleged is possible, but Democratic leaders have since insisted it's not going to happen.

If they won back the House in November, Republicans would be granted the power to issue subpoenas by controlling the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Bachmann is not a member of the committee, but Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) is its ranking member. Issa has already demonstrated his eagerness to invoke the power of subpoena, which he could use to cause legislative headaches and political paralysis for the administration. The California Republican has vowed to pursue a wide array of charges, should the Republicans win back the House.
    Great.

Fucking bullshit.

I almost hope it happens. It would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what those fuckwads are all about.