Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

Icon15

Poor little Al. He feels ANGRY.

WASHINGTON Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said Friday he's angry about being put through a long-running criminal investigation into his role in the firings of U.S. attorneys.

"I feel angry that I had to go through this. That my family had to suffer through and what for?" Gonzales said in an interview with CNN.

The investigation by career prosecutor Nora Dannehy that began in September 2008 found the Justice Department's actions in the firings of U.S. attorney David Iglesias of New Mexico during the Bush administration were inappropriately political, but not criminal. The investigative team also determined that the evidence did not warrant expanding the scope of the investigation beyond the removal of Iglesias.

Dannehy's "judgment as to political correctness of a decision by the attorney general or by the president of the United States, quite frankly, is inappropriate and unwarranted," said Gonzales.

Investigations are MEAN.

Awww, poor baby!

Yeah, he got his feelings hurt while those other people only lost their jobs. Waaaaa!!

Maybe sucking up to W all those years wasn't such a good idea Al?

Iowa GOP Supports Amendment To Strip Obama’s Citizenship... (Wait for it!)

...because he won the nobel peace prize.

Sweet. It would also bring back slavery. Ell. Oh. Ell.

Oh those Idiots Out Walking Around

They also want to include the repeal of mandatory minimum wage laws, the elimination of the U.S. Department of Education, and even clarification on the definition of manure.
    Last edited by Barbarella; 07-29-2010 at 07:54 PM.

^

GOLD.

Sending mah lurvs to intelligent Iowans. Lurv!

United We Stand? Country First? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

WASHINGTON — A bill that would have provided up to $7.4 billion in aid to people sickened by World Trade Center dust fell short in the House on Thursday, raising the possibility that the bulk of compensation for the ill will come from a legal settlement hammered out in the federal courts.

The bill would have provided free health care and compensation payments to 9/11 rescue and recovery workers who fell ill after working in the trade center ruins.

It failed to win the needed two-thirds majority, 255-159. The vote was largely along party lines, with 12 Republicans joining Democrats supporting the measure.
    Anthony Weiner Rips Apart Republicans on 9/11 Responders Health Bill

They've gone from being the Party of No to the Party of Fail.

I love him. I'm glad there's at least one democrat who won't mince words when it comes to pointing out how fucked up the GOP is.

And why doesn't this shit get put on the evening news? Where are the outraged Americans? Obama can't take off his jacket in the Oval Office without causing an uproar, but Republicans can do this and no one makes a sound? It's ridiculous.

Oh man, that's...wow. That is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    And why doesn't this shit get put on the evening news? Where are the outraged Americans? Obama can't take off his jacket in the Oval Office without causing an uproar, but Republicans can do this and no one makes a sound? It's ridiculous.
    I think of moments like these when someone says that there's a liberal bias in the media. "No jacket? OMG UPROAR! Delaying a bill to get healthcare for 9/11 first responders? Weeeeellll, that's just a reasonable application of the brakes, y'see..."

I was curious as to this story's coverage on fauxnews, so I searched, and searched and searched, and buried under a lot of other stuff on the website, most AZ and immigration, I found this article. Basically, it blames Democrats for insisting on a 2/3s vote instead of a majority vote, then it slides this nugget in and quietly wraps up the article:

"To pay the bill's estimated $7.4 billion cost over 10 years, the legislation would have prevented foreign multinational corporations incorporated in tax haven countries from avoiding tax on income earned in the U.S.

Bill supporters said that would close a tax loophole; Republicans branded it a corporate tax increase."

WHAT?!!
    Last edited by Banjee; 07-30-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulQuake View Post
    I love him. I'm glad there's at least one democrat who won't mince words when it comes to pointing out how fucked up the GOP is.
    He's not perfect; he's a real Israel hawk. But he's strong on most issues, especially healthcare. And that video is pure .

these days just seem to crush me
    it 's so nice to see someone in congress actually give a damn. i would like to see more of that please!

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    "Mommy, daddy, why is hotmail infested with librils? Conservapedia tells me the truth about facts, but how can I send emails without them going through dirty soshalist computers?"

"Son, you need Reganmail! With yourname@reagan.com you can [probably] send emails from ivory towers and know that someone further down the chain of command will take the rap for any arms smuggling you order. For example."

Seriously:

You now can put your name next to the name of the Greatest Conservative of all, my father Ronald Reagan.
    I will continue to carry the Reagan Torch but I need your help. Sign up today for your very own conservative email address @Reagan.com and when you do this before July 31st (offer extended until August 3, 2010) I will send you as a special gift a copy of the “Tear Down This Wall” speech DVD absolutely free.
    Yes, you know, the "tear down this wall" speech IN JUNE 1987 which famously provoked the immediate opening of the German frontier [TWO AND A HALF FRICKIN YEARS LATER] and Regan then parted the waters and walked right back home to the US of A.

Reagianity is a bugbear of mine.