Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

He fell for a poster called "Donnie Li'l Hands".

In any case, here's his non-apology apology.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Fuck this guy. Really. I can't tell if he's totally batshit insane or trolling for attention.

ps he's not president yet. Can everyone just stop calling him that till Friday? thanks.

As Charlie Pierce calls him, "human bowling jacket Paul Le Page."

I can't tell if he's totally batshit insane or trolling for attention.
    Both.

Barack Hussein Obama

Do you like National Parks? Too bad, motherfucker.

Do you like artists? Fuck them, too.

Dickhole Smegma-Face Jason Chaffetz Needs A Manners Lesson, And Wonkette Is Just The Blog To Give It To Him

I don’t believe the good people of Utah sent Jason Chaffetz to the House to BE SO FUCKING RUDE and HAVE NO FUCKING MANNERS. YOU DON’T POST A SELFIE WITH SOMEONE AND THEN TELL THEM THEY SUCK AND YOU ARE GOING TO PUT THEM IN JAIL UNLESS YOU ARE TAKING SELFIES WITH IDI AMIN. IS HILLARY CLINTON IDI AMIN? NO. SHE IS A NICE LADY WHO GOT BONED BY A CONFLUENCE OF THE ‘DEEP STATE’ (DIDN’T SEE GLENN GREENWALD BITCHING ABOUT THAT ONE, DIDJA?) AND THE RUSSIAN STATE AND ABOUT A HUNDRED THOUSAND UNCOUNTED VOTES IN DETROIT, NOT TO MENTION THE ONE POINT ONE MILLION VOTERS PURGED FROM THE ROLLS BY KANSAS SUPERVILLAIN KRIS KOBACH AND HIS “CROSSCHECK,” WHICH COUNTED SUCH “DOUBLE VOTERS” AS

- Donald Alexander Webster Jr. of Ohio who is accused of voting a second time in Virginia as Donald EUGENE Webster SR. -

SO, YOU KNOW, THERE’S THAT.

Jason Chaffetz. Chaff. Baby. YOU VOTED TO CUT EMBASSY SECURITY AND THEN YOUR PALS IN THE HOUSE HELD ONE HUNDRED AND TWO INVESTIGATIONS INTO WHY ALL THOSE PEOPLE (FOUR PEOPLE) GOT MURDERED AT BENGHAZI, AND EVERY TIME YOU WERE LIKE “HMMM, GUESS HILLARY CLINTON DIDN’T MURDER ALL THOSE PEOPLE, MAYBE IT IS TIME TO INVESTIGATE HER FIFTY-FIVE TIMES FOR ‘EMAILS'” EVEN THOUGH COLIN FUCKING POWELL DIDN’T EVEN HAVE A PRIVATE EMAIL SERVER SET UP SECURELY BY PROFESSIONALS, HE HAD A GODDAMN AOL ACCOUNT AND I DON’T SEE YOU PROMISING TO LOCK HIM UP, YOU SNIVELING GREASEBALL PUBEHEADED MONSTER.

Today at 8:15 House Republicans plan to allow state agencies to sue peaceful protesters for police overtime costs

Hearing details:
    Tuesday, Jan. 24, 8:15 am
    Basement Hearing Room 10
    State Office Building
    100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
    St. Paul MN 55155

On Tuesday, Jan. 24, House Republicans plan to introduce HF322, a bill that will allow state agencies to sue peaceful protesters for police overtime costs, during the meeting of the Civil Law and Data Practices Policy Committee. The Minneapolis NAACP urges Minnesotans to (1) attend Tuesday’s hearing, and (2) call your representatives, especially members of the committee, to voice your opposition to this bill.

The Minneapolis NAACP unequivocally condemns and opposes HF322 because it would infringe on constitutionally protected rights to free speech and assembly. The burdens of these restrictions would be disproportionately borne by people least able to pay large settlements. HF322 would give police departments a blank check to overreact to public protests. It would also provide an incentive to categorize peaceful demonstrations as “unlawful assemblies” and to charge as many people and collect as much money as possible. In Minnesota, we don’t sue sports fans for extra policing costs associated with events. We don’t charge bar patrons an extra fee at closing time for increased police presence. Protecting the right to protest is part of the role of law enforcement, not something for which citizens are expected to pay extra.

This bill, along with other companion legislation increasing protest criminal penalties, is the shameful Republican response to the Black Lives Matter movement in Minnesota. Our state is facing racial disparities that are among the worst in the nation in areas including income, education, health care, and policing. Rather than address these injustices, Republican politicians are seeking to stifle the protests that bring critically needed attention. We must stand up for free speech and the right to protest in Minnesota.
    fb link

As many people commenting are saying, if you outlaw or criminalize or continue to make peaceful protests difficult (Cruz called the cops on some today), people are going to stop being peaceful. Maybe they're baiting us, but I think they're just being shortsighted assholes.

The Trump presidency may be worse than I imagined.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I'm just fishing, I posted this elsewhere. I there really no hope?

Why Trump’s Inauguration is Not the Beginning of an Era — but the End

Indiana bill would allow police to shut down protests 'by any means necessary'

A bill that would require public officials in Indiana to dispatch law enforcement swiftly to remove any protesters blocking traffic by “any means necessary” prompted uproar on Wednesday.

Opponents of the bill, introduced by a Republican state senator, rushed to the general assembly in Indianapolis on Wednesday afternoon to attend a hearing for the legislation, arguing that it could give a green light to the police to shut down protests harshly “even to the point of costing lives”.
    Maybe I should be putting such outrageous bullshit in the DNC deathwatch thread, since apparently they're a bunch of spineless cowards not doing what we need and stopping this crap, or at least trying to.

Northern Michigan Republican calls for “another Kent State” to deal with campus protesters

On Facebook, Adamini wrote, “The violent protests at our universities certainly indicates Portage acacian at the lower level. I’m thinking another Kent State might be the only solution protest stopped after only one death. They do it because they know there are no consequences yet.”

Turns out “Portage acacian” means “poor education” according to Adamini.

He also tweeted under his handle @DanAdamini, “Violent protesters who shut down free speech?Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery.”

Adamini, who runs a radio show called “In the Right Mind” and has since deleted the Facebook post and the tweet, claims it was all just a poorly worded attempt at calling for an end to the campus protests. This is a blatant lie, of course. There’s no way you can misinterpret what he was saying. It wasn’t subtle. If he was calling to end to protests before someone gets hurt, he could simply have said that. Instead he believes “another Kent State might be the only solution” and that it’s “time for another Kent State perhaps.”

Adamini is the same guy, by the way, who recently tweeted that Congressman John Lewis’s statement that he doesn’t see Donald Trump as a legitimate president is due to “too many blows to the Head during protests”:

Of course, regular protesters are being blamed for the violence in Berkeley the other night. Actually, it was black bloc anarchists. Righties seem to think they're the same.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Of course, regular protesters are being blamed for the violence in Berkeley the other night. Actually, it was black bloc anarchists. Righties seem to think they're the same.
    I mean it was the same basically. And it seems the police let them light the fire so the school could shut the event down. And thank fucking God they did because Milo was going to out a bunch of undocumented students.

Never Believe the Republicans’ B.S. Ever Again

It is through events like Benghazi that we see just how paper-thin the GOP’s commitments to its most defining ideals really are. What Republicans have held forth as fundamental principles are, thanks to Trump’s election, revealed as hollow bromides and shibboleths. Trump will likely be president for at least four years; but starting now, and through the eventual end of GOP rule, we never have to take Republican sanctimony at face value again, and their phoniness ought to be a commanding narrative of the Trump era.

Hypocrisy is a third-rate political crime. But it isn’t just that conservatives apply different standards to different politicians on the basis of partisan affiliation; it’s that their appeals to like-minded voters are fraudulent. National security, rule of law, and religious faith are supposed to be central facets of conservative identity. Presumably some Republican voters around the country are genuinely motivated by conservative views on these issues. For the time being, it’s up to Democrats and the media to make clear to these voters that the GOP’s commitment to their principles is illusory.

But eventually Trump’s presidency will end, and just as quickly as they abandoned these pieties, Republicans will try to reclaim them. It will be a major failure of politics, and perhaps also the media, if they succeed in doing so. Republicans outed themselves when they submitted to Trump, and they can’t be allowed to pretend it never happened.

Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up run for senate.

Kid Rock—whose real name is Bob Ritchie, and whose actual chances of becoming a member of our nation’s legislative branch were recently upgraded to “Fuck it”—was named at a recent Michigan Republican Party convention, by a bunch of gleeful, giggling children who no longer have to pretend to work, as a contender for the seat currently occupied by Democrat Debbie Stabenow. Stabenow has held that office since 2000, having worked her way up through the Michigan state legislature, presided over the Michigan House of Representatives, and unsuccessfully run for governor in 1994, before serving first in the national House of Representatives, then the Senate. During her tenure, Stabenow has chaired both the Senate Agriculture Committee and the Senate Democratic Policy Committee, been a vocal advocate for health care reform, and introduced legislation that protected lands granted to displaced Native Americans and banned drilling in the Great Lakes.

On the other hand, Kid Rock has written rap-rock songs such as “Cowboy” and “American Bad Ass” that have given many Americans something to blare from their trucks while they drive them through mud for fun, then have Coors Light-fueled fistfights about who’s gay. Naturally, Mr. Rock has become increasingly politically active over the years, and recently laid out his political platform by selling T-shirts that read, “God Guns & Trump” and “_onald Trump: The ‘D’ Is Missing Because It’s In Every Hater’s Mouth.” Truly, he is the Cicero of our hot-‘n’-ready Little Caesar’s age, and if he runs he will absolutely win, because we fucking deserve this.

Watch McConnell get told. 19 seconds of him getting screamed at with a smug, vacuous look on his face.

He had also set it up so you could only get in if you had RSPVd [sic], didn't have a sign. Fucking turtle-faced coward.

Watching him get yelled at will be the highlight of my day, I'm sure.