Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

That is horrifying.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I was cynical, but I was like "oh, they're helping him to push their agenda and SOME of them got Russian money and are trying to hide it." I wasn't so cynical to go that far. So I don't know if it's true or even if it's possible or anything. I'm so overwhelmed I can't even tell any more when something is too farfetched. Like is it ridiculous to even consider it? Or naive to dismiss it?

It's not at all ridiculous to consider it. People like Graham are counting on people like us to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sorry Charlie: no can do.

It's been the best year for political cartoonists. They've really risen to the challenge and put everything into a small, perfect box.

Reagan was GREAT for cartoonists. However this legacy has been topped.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Fuck, if Arizona elects a guy who was actually running a concentration camp in the desert I'm just offing myself.

He's not gonna win. Remember that Maricopa County finally got sick of him and elected a Democrat. And Maricopa is by case the most populous county in AZ. Plus, on Election Day, Arpaio will be 86 years old.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

something something rats something something sinking ship

Issa is the wealthiest member of Congress, no doubt he's just received a huge "bonus" from the tax bill. No need to embarrass himself any longer, he's cashing out.

Rep. Darrell Issa To Retire, Adding To Record GOP Exodus From Congress

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., announced he will not seek re-election Wednesday, adding to a record number of House Republicans heading for the exits ahead of the 2018 midterms — perhaps seeing the writing on the wall of a possible wave election.

There are now 31 Republicans who will not seek re-election in November: 19 who are retiring outright and another 12 who are running for higher office. And that list is is expected to grow in the coming weeks.

The last time a party had nearly that many members retire during a midterm year was in 1994 when 28 Democrats left, and the GOP subsequently took back control of Congress in the Republican Revolution. Now, it's Republicans who find themselves in the opposite and unenviable position.

I remember hearing about how the Dem's were in shambles back in the early 90's. Seems to me the GOP is in a MUCH worse position today, pushing unpopular policies with horrible consequences. (Not to mention the awful president.)

Here's hoping it's enough for the Dem's to "take back our country."

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post

Here's hoping it's enough for the Dem's to "take back our country."
    Today, which is a day that doesn't matter nearly as much as November, is looking good so far.

For anyone else having random twitter issues today:

@kylegriffin1
    Democrats have a 17-point edge on a generic congressional ballot in the new Q poll. That’s up 2-points from last month. (link: http://bit.ly/2Dkw5M5) bit.ly/2Dkw5M5