Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: The GOP Deathwatch Thread

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    But it's both sides, right guys?

Nebraska tax dollars at work.

I want Dems to win Tuesday, but after I read shit like that? I just want the GOP to lose. I think we'll get the House and a bunch of governors, but I think the Senate will stay the same count, with a few bodies changing. Like maybe Beto will win and Heitkamp won't.

This wacko went on a rant yesterday. Kentucky, WTF?

It's like half Huckabee "humor" and half ramblings of a complete madman.

Let’s start with POTUS I like the President, I honestly do. I know people don’t believe me. But the man seems to have a problem keeping staff around him. But they solved the problem. I went to the White House the other day and there were at least 14 ppl in Mick Mulvaney masks.

Speaking of criminal justice reform, I have to give Jared Kushner credit. He was great on this. And I’m glad I got to know him, because before that I was a bit suspicious he was the kid from the Omen movie all grown up.

I did something to help the President out though. I found him a wall I think will work on the border.

Congress has now decided to shut down the government because they aren’t spending enough money. I got suspicious when Ted Cruz came back from Thanksgiving break with that beard.

Ted really should have grown that beard before he ran for President. He looks less Canadian now.

Well, actually…let’s talk about John Bolton. I don’t have a grievance. I just really would have liked to have been in the room when the POTUS told him to END a war. How many times do you think he made the President repeat it because he didn’t even know what the words meant?

We have a new patron saint of the thread

All hail Queen Jane. Long live the Queen.

I don't trust Never Trumpers very much but I do try to adhere to the Enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend philosphy. Temporary allies. I shit on the GOP a lot in this thread, so I'm going to show someone who isn't 100% trash 100% of the time. It is encouraging that *some* of them have some decency. Even if it also is a little too little too late. (We liberals told you this was where the party was going and you ignored us.)

That is, I haven’t changed my views on taxes, abortion, limited govt, defense; but right now, the Constitution and the rule of law are in danger. People who agree with me on that are allies. People who think we’re doing fine are wrong, and I oppose them on that central fact.

I can fight over all that over stuff - and I will - if our constitutional framework survives. Right now, only one party is consistently undermining that framework and its associated norms, because it has become an authoritarian extension of a cult of personality.

That party must therefore be deprived of support at every level. The fact that it accidentally supports some issues I care about does not excuse the reality that it is attacking - with foreign help - the *main* thing I care about that makes all other politics possible.

This is how I plan to approach politics through the 2020 election and afterward if need be. I will not trade the Constitution for judges or tax cuts or lib-triggering or anything else. It’s been my position since this shitstorm began.

The only position I have changed is that I finally quit the GOP. I came to it later than some of my colleagues, but I now accept that the party is, in its current condition, unreformable and unsalvageable.

The conservatives had the world in their hands going into 2016, and they blew it. The peaceful transfer of power to the opposition party is a normal part of democracy. If Republicans don’t like it, they need to exit their cult and compete like a normal party.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Devin Nunes is suing Twitter because he got his feelings hurt and shadow bans or something.

Where are the snowflake memes?