Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Makeup Application - Tips & Trends

Are OCC liptars worth the hassle of me trying to get some? I keep on pretend ordering them (ie, put in basket, ponder if worth it, take it out again.)

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    People who use them LOVE them. I don't own any and haven't been particularly tempted. I am not sure I can be bothered with lip products that require a brush.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

They are a pain in the arse for me to get hold of, really, no one other then beauty websites sell them in the UK/Sweden and they price gouge. I hate buying cosmetics blind on the internets, and prefer to go in stores and swatch things; the price of one liptar to ship to me is frankly the cost of three MAC lipsticks, and those I know I can get hold of and like to use more easily. HOWEVER it's those raving reviews that keep drawing to BuyingNotBuying them...

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    Funnily enough, my September Glossybox arrived today, and it contained a Lip Tar! I'll let you know how I get on with it. It's sort of a bronze-ish color, so not something I would pick for myself, but we'll see.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Ooh do do! I really should do a beauty/birch box, I'll go see what the Swedish ones are like.

Senior Member wheretheorchidsgrow93's Avatar
    Dunno if anyone is interested but The Vegan Kind UK now has a beauty box...I used to do Birchbox and Glossybox but stopped it when I realised most was animal tested.

https://www.thevegankind.com/shop/pr...tvk-beauty-box
    I'm glad you're on my side, still.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Got my first ever makeover today and the gal did a pretty good job. I told her not to use liquid eyeliner or try to contour my face like Kim Kardashian. Less is more for me when it comes to cosmetics otherwise I end up looking like I have orange skin with two black eyes.

My haul:

1. Brush: Real Techniques for Blush and/or Bronzer.
    2. PÜR Cosmetics Mineral Glow Bronzing Powder
    3. PÜR Cosmetics Chateau Cheeks Pressed Powder Blush
    4. Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks (2)
    5. Palladio Aqua Force Mascara

This should last me a good long time because I wear very very little makeup. The only thing I throw out with any regularity is mascara when it gets old. I still have an Estee Lauder lipstick from 10 years ago. I should probably toss it but it smells sooo good and is such a pretty color.

So, I have a major problem with my oily skin and having a constant sheen on my face and on my forehead/bald head. I've been meaning to consult with a dermatologist or a makeup guru about what I can do to keep the oiliness under control during the day when I have to, you know, be in front of people, but I haven't had the time or made it a priority.

I was complaining about it last night at a dinner party and my friend got up and tried some things on me. Cover Girl TruMagic foundation on my nose, cheekbones, and temples/above my eyebrows. And then she used something else for my forehead/the top of my head. I was STUNNED by the results. Not only did I LOOK less shiny, but I also FELT less greasy.

My friend is pointing me in the right direction with the products that she used, but I figured I would come in here and ask you makeup-users if you had any additional or alternative suggestions? Also, I know NOTHING about makeup. Where is the best place to buy it? What do you use to take it off at night? What kind of pad/applicator/whatever do you use? I feel like a bad gay man for not already knowing these things. XD
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    I have super-oily skin and have been doing some Korean beauty stuff to help. I have found when I under-moisturize, my face over compensates with the oil-slick.

This gel moisturizer is hydrating but lightweight. I use it last before make-up: Mizon Snail Recovery Gel

This sebum control powder is also nice, especially in my t-zone, which tends to grease up the most:
    Ciracle Secret Sebum Powder

ETA: this blog has some good tips and products: https://intothegloss.com/2015/11/kor...for-oily-skin/