Thread: However Many Degrees of Kate Bush: A Game

Wink However Many Degrees of Kate Bush: A Game

So in the tradition of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, let's start another never-ending Kate game. This one involves some trivia knowledge, a bit of research (maybe), and some creativity. Six degrees or less.

First question:

How is Kate Bush connected to Amy Grant?

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    Ooh that sounds fun. I've connected them through covers.

Kate Bush covered Elton John's "Rocket Man."

Elton John covered Joni Mitchell's "Free Man In Paris."

Joni Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi" was covered by Amy Grant

How is Kate Bush connected to Alanis Morissette?

Can we not flood the Kate Bush forum with games?

Ha!! Bravo, that's different from the link I made. How cool.

Mine was: Amy Grant covered Big Yellow Taxi which was covered by Maire Brennan who collaborated with Michael McDonald on a cover of Don't Give Up which of course leads right to The Bush

How is Kate Bush connected to Alanis Morissette?
    Phew this was hard! Okay...

Alanis Morissette cowrote Jagged Little Pill with Glen Ballardd who cowrote "Listen to the Wind" which was sung by Hayley Westenra who infamously covered "Wuthering Heights" by The Bush

Phew!

Okay, how is Kate Bush connected to Patti Smith?

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    Patti Smith wrote "Rock N' Roll N*****" that was covered by Marilyn Manson

Marilyn Manson's first two albums were produced by Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor sang with Tori Amos on "Past The Mission."

Tori Amos has covered "And Dream of Sheep" and "Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush

How is Kate Bush connected to Celine Dion?

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rask of Trevdale View Post
    How is Kate Bush connected to Celine Dion?
    Once upon a time, in far away land called French Canadia, lived a wise old king named René Angélil. King René was a wise and fair old man, but was troubled by a potent and long-term gambling addiction. The citizens of French Canadia were worried for their beloved King, whose compulsive betting was driving their economy into disrepair. With no wife or children, the King had nothing to distract him from sitting up all night playing online poker tournaments or making outlandish bets on the outcomes of sporting events. The citizens decided that something had to be done. A search began to find the prettiest maiden in all of the land to marry the King and persuade him to make wiser fiscal choices. A large competition was held in the township of Ur-Oh-Vision in which every girl under the age of 16 (the King had very specific tastes) was forced to demonstrate her value as a wife and mother. One after another, each girl performed her skill. The King witnessed questionable renditions of Top 40 chart hits, very enthusiastic attempts at rhythmic gymnastics and some rather tasteless stand-up comedy acts. None of them seemed to please him. The citizens of French Canadia had almost given up hope of their plan succeeding when the last act of the day walked onto the stage. She was a slight, shy girl with bushy hair and buck teeth. The King, reaching the end of his patience, shooed her away. "I do not want to see you. You are too thin, and I care not for your bushy hair and buck teeth".
    "But your majesty", she replied, "I am only a poor kitchen wench with no prospects. I live in a hut in the woods, and share my bed with my fifteen brothers and fifteen sisters. Please, I beg you, give me this one chance. I promise you I can sing like no other. When I am sweeping in the pantry I often sing to myself, and all of the chefs gather around the door to listen. They say that I have a voice fit for your halls, sire. So please, what do you say to taking chances?"
    "Oh very well then, but only because I am too tired to stand, and we've got the venue rented for another fifteen minutes".
    So the young kitchen wench, whose name was Celine, prepared to sing. A hush fell over the expectant crowd. The music started, and the girl lifted her head and began to warble in a strange and unknown language. No-one knew what the hell she was singing about, but the power and beauty of her voice could not be denied. The tone of her performance was a bit overly sincere for some of the more cynical citizens, but on the whole she was greatly received by the population. The response was particularly strong from the parts of the land which, for some reason, were only in habited by men who had no wives and very good taste in interior design. When the King heard the voice that emanated from the young girl, dollar signs immediately sprung up in his eyes, and he knew he had to have her. The pair were married the very next day, and Celine was moved from her humble hut in the woods into the great Caesar's Palace with the king. An act was passed into law making it compulsory to listen to at least one Celine song per day, and forbidding anyone from discussing how young the Queen was.
    Many years passed, and the couple were happy and wealthy. Eventually Celine bore twins, two young Princes who made the king very proud. The citizens of French Canadia had succeeded in their plan because, even though the King still gambled away a reported $1,000,000 a day, Celine's voice made him so much money that it didn't matter. People travelled great distances from neighbouring lands just to hear her sing. Eventually, Celine's fame had become so great that news of her beautiful voice reached the murky wood of Wuthering, which was lorded over by a dark and evil Witch Queen named Catherine. Catherine used to be a singer of almost as great a repute as Celine, however in recent years she had become nervous and shy, and retreated deeper and deeper into Wuthering Wood. Rumours had begun circulating that Catherine had grown horns on her face, or that she now had six fingers on each hand, or that she had grown enormously fat from chewing on all the magical mushrooms that grew on the wood's floor. When Catherine heard of Celine's success, she was thrown into a terrifying jealous rage. She instructed her pet crow, Del, to fly to French Canadia and spy on the the King and Queen and report back what he saw. When Del returned, he confirmed that Celine was loved by all of the people in the land, and that it was agreed that she was the greatest singer who had ever lived. "But she doesn't even write her own songs! Most of them are just inane cover versions!", Catherine screamed. Determined to win back the public who used to love her so much, she hatched an evil plan. In the dead of night, Catherine stole into the kingdom and snatched one of Celine's twins from his cradle. She left a note saying that, if the King and Queen wanted their son returned to them alive, they would have to give over Caesar's Palace to Catherine for one evening to use as she wished. When the King and Queen woke and found their baby missing, they immediately agreed to all of Witch Queen Catherine's terms and conditions. She was to have complete artistic control and the use of all of the Caesar's Palace's facilities. Catherine was planning to stage a come-back concert so grand and elaborate that she would win back all of her fans from Celine, leaving the Queen desperate and useless to the King. News of this concert spread like wildfire throughout the kingdom. The tickets sold out instantly, and people were known to be selling all of their livestock just for a chance to be able to buy one second hand on the black market. Catherine set to work enslaving workers to help her build a huge, pyramid like set. Special engravings were made to be shown during the songs, and Catherine underwent a rigorous exercise regime in order to get in shape. The King and Queen were worried. "René", the Queen said to her husband, "I know that the life of our son is the most important thing but, what if she does do better than me and destroy my career? Maybe we shouldn't let this happen. I mean, we've got twins so at least there's a spare!".
    "No Celine", replied the King, "You don't need to worry. I have a dastardly plan to make sure that Catherine doesn't get away with this."
    The night before the concert, the King sent two evil spirits into the bedroom Catherine was staying in at Caesar's Place. The spirits infected Catherine's dreams, and whispered words of discouragement into her ear:
    "Remember what the critics said about 'The Dreaming'"?
    "Everyone thought 'The Red Shoes' was bloated and over-long"
    "You're just not a live artist Catherine"
    "'The Line, The Cross and The Curve'", and so on.
    The next day, when Catherine woke, she had a strange sense of foreboding. She pushed her negative thoughts aside and strode onto the stage to face her expectant audience. As the drums kicked up for the intro to one of her biggest hits, the voices from the night before spoke clearly in her head. The time came for her to sing, but she could only stand struck dumb, facing the confused masses. The band played the intro again, but nothing happened. Gradually, boos started raising out of the crowd. Soon, people began throwing things onto the stage. Catherine burst into tears, fled through the wings and back out into the Wuthering Wood, never to be heard from again. The King and Queen's baby was found on their doorstep the following day, having been brought back to the Palace by Del the Crow (for cunning and jealous as Catherine was, she was true to her word). With the threat of genuinely good music eradicated from French Canadia forever, King René and Queen Celine went back to making non-threatening music and compulsively gambling away millions for ever after.

@ Del the Crow.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    How is Kate Bush connected to Daenerys Targaryen?

I have found tomorrow nights bed time story for my son.

Quote Originally Posted by other pete View Post
    How is Kate Bush connected to Daenerys Targaryen?
    This Woman's Work.