Albacore
    Present-Infant
    Zoo
    If You're Not
    Which Side Are You On?
    --------
    Untouchable Face
    Hypnotized

Absolutely fantastic show. The Glee Club was a gorgeously intimate venue and we made it right to the front. The set was fantastic, good mix of old and new songs, and i really enjoyed the new songs while in the past I haven't as much. She was really funny, flubbing one of the lines in Fuel, and chatting about conservation in Splinter.

Definitely one of the better Ani gigs I've been to, roll on London!

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar
    So I'm interested into getting more into Ani. I've had her album Dilate for years and years and have played certain songs certainly more than 100 times, such as "Outta Me, Onto You," "Napoleon," "Shameless," (my favorite) and "Going Down." I think I like her harder-edged stuff a little more than the folky stuff. I think.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I've heard "32 Flavors," which was my anthem when I was, like, 13.
    Last edited by emptytuileries; 01-25-2011 at 12:26 AM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I got into Ani summer of 2000. I was an Untouchable Face convert. The album you had was my first purchase. My second purchase kind of took me away from Ani, Evolve, I love it now. But It wasn't the best route for a new fan. I love all her new stuff (some of the hardcore fans at onherown.net really are against her output since she met her husband/producer, which I think is just silly). I'd suggest Knuckle Down, next.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

What kind of fuckery is this? emptytuileries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volto View Post
    I'd suggest Knuckle Down, next.
    Thanks. I will.

I just listened to Not a Pretty Girl and don't really like it, aside from "Crime for Crime." Is that bad, since it's supposedly her "best"?

Not a Pretty Girl is a decent album, but my favorite has always been Dilate. Another personal favorite was her last CD, Red Letter Year. If anything, I strongly recommend you check out "Alla This" - I think it's one of Ani's best tunes.

Alla This is a brave song. She really just throws it down.

This is my favorite song that will be on the new album

look up, Amendment, Zoo, Promiscuity, and Mariachi.. oh and Unworry. All new, brilliant songs.
    Jay is the newest of the songs. It is about the Oil Spill. It is pretty good, too. Although there are many versions of it, since she is still working on it.

As a new fan back in '98 I really enjoyed Living in Clip which is a double live album. It really captures the vibe and intensity of her solo shows (back then) and exposes you to other songs. I also recommend Educated Guess which was recorded in an unpolished, raw way that feels so intimate.

I don't listen to Reprieve much as an album but my favorite song by her is on there: Hypnotized

Zomino, I love Reprieve. I love when she is on the tenor guitar.. which most of this album is comprised of. Check out Half-Assed from this record.

Landing Gear, off of Red Letter Year is also on the tenor guitar. Great song.
    "Cuz, I'm exhausted as a polar bear swimming around looking for a ride.. and it's so God-awful hot outside."
    Last edited by Volta; 01-25-2011 at 01:19 AM.

My favorite Ani album is the double album Revelling/Reckoning.
    My face screams without an emotion

Puddle Dive is my favourite followed by LPC and To the Teeth, although Revelling/Reckoning is pretty high up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomino View Post
    As a new fan back in '98 I really enjoyed Living in Clip which is a double live album. It really captures the vibe and intensity of her solo shows (back then) and exposes you to other songs. I also recommend Educated Guess which was recorded in an unpolished, raw way that feels so intimate.
    I Living In Clip, especially the first disc. I bought the double album after hearing Alanis Somebody (can't remember her name) sing a cover of 32 Flavors. After almost wearing disc one out, I bought up more of her current CDs. Most of those were disappointments. She was trying different music styles and I wanted more of the angry folkgirl. I think the last ones I bought were Up, up, up and Little Plastic Castles. Meh.

Fuck you, I'm a wizard! longtime companda's Avatar
    ^The 32 Flavors cover that was widely released in the late '90s was sung by Alana Davis. I had pretty much the same experience. I bought Living in Clip and Dilate and was in love. The only other Ani release that really resonated with me was the R/R double album. I've been thinking about listening to some new stuff though so maybe I'll give Red Letter Year a try.

^Yep, Alana Davis, that was the one. Her cover/reworking of 32 Flavors really wasn't too bad, either. I'm glad to hear you weren't too into her newer stuff. I should pick up R/R and some of the older ones.

I'm on a BIG Ani kick this week , I used to have some of her albums like 10 years ago but lost them all with a virus on my computer and never re-downloaded them .
    I got them all again today and there's some songs i didn't even know that are AMAZING ( Grey ! )

So what's everyone favorite songs ?

Yeah, Grey's a favorite of mine. Others are:

Welcome To - Bodily - So What - Dilate - Old Song - Slide - Recoil - Lag Time - Hypnotized - Garden Of Simple - To The Teeth - Hello Birmingham - 'Tis of Thee