Thread: E-Cigarettes

Banned

E-Cigarettes

I was just curious if anyone here as converted to them? My friend had a heavy duty one and had a small one he got for free and let me have it. So I got 4 cartomizers with it, all cotton candy flavor and haven't touched a cigarette in over three weeks (personal best). I was running low and today got my cotton candy e-liquid in the mail (but there is tons of flavors to choose) and re-filled for the first time with help from a Youtube video. Now in Canada and not sure about other places, some sell with nicotine and others don't, something about it being a new drug that needs to be looked at but I do get the nicotine ones and it's helping. I would love to get a heavy duty one someday because you can gage the amount of nicotine you are getting and could eventually quit fully. The fact is right now i'm only getting nicotine and the smoke is the same stuff used for fog machine but other than that non of crazy chemicals hidden in real cigarettes, anyone convert?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm looking into them. I'm having the hardest time quitting, and I don't know if it would help. Plus while I don't smoke much, I get so twitchy when I need one and can't have one. Having a replacement that I could use almost anywhere would calm me down. I just don't know where to start. I wouldn't mind spending a bit of money on one if it worked, but I don't know if I'm even going to like it at all, so I don't even know where to start.

Anyone got any ideas?

Banned
    Sorry for the late reply, if you are in Canada I have links of what and where to get products. I'm not sure how it works elsewhere but if you don't mind spending the money purchase a more heavy duty; you can turn down the amount of nicotine to eventually quit full stop. I'm using a miniature version of that and still feels like a cigarette to me, so even that might be a good starting place. Also not sure how the laws are in other countries but get the e-liquid that contains nicotine (some places don't sell it) otherwise you will be using it but not getting any results. What country are you from? I could try and look into what you could purchase or at least try to help out a little, either way best of luck!

I did try one in the US. I'm mostly happy with it. I love not smelling. Thanks for the offer of help, though.

I do plan on trying to change things up in the future, but right now it's working and I wish I had tried them earlier.

Banned
    Glad to hear! Not smelling is one of the best things and food tastes so much better, I noticed that into the 2nd week.

I never had the tasting thing. Plus I've always had a heightened sense of smell, and smoking didn't seem to cramp my style. I am saving so much money too. I have nicotine ones but in a while I plan on trying out a different one and cut the nicotine down, try flavored vap for the oral fixation or whatever. The biggest thing was that I quit the habit of smoking, which is hard. I don't even think about cigarettes, which is really weird.

Banned
    Ya smoking has so many ritual moments, having one in the morning with coffee, having one after every meal, before bed, after sex etc. I don't think about cigarettes at all anymore and feel sorry whenever I see smokers and wish I could convert them. I still need the nicotine but even that isn't a craving like cigarettes were; more just something I need here and there which is quite a relief I gotta say and can see fully quitting sooner than later.

Like now that I broke the cigarette habit, maybe I can switch to a real nicotine replacement system (patches, gum) and get just vap water to taper off the "must do something with my hands and mouth when I'm bored and stressed" habit. I've been going through life savers like crazy, but I'm not really eating more, other than I tend to once it stops being so hot from the summer.

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either. Like my cartridge is supposed to be the equivalent of a pack but it doesn't last as long. So am I not drawing it right? Doing it too often? And if it's the latter, that's kind of why I want the non-nicotine vaporizer of some kind. Take a hit of the nicotine for the physical needs, then the other one to get my mental fix. It's like I quit smoking but now need more nicotine.

I do like too that I can have just the one puff instead of having to have a whole cigarette or throwing a butt out. Like sometimes I just want a puff.

I think my biggest problem is that the one I use is only available so far in certain stores, so it's a pain to get over to one all the time. I have to plan it. And if my cartridge is faulty (had one already), then I'm out and kind of screwed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either. Like my cartridge is supposed to be the equivalent of a pack but it doesn't last as long. So am I not drawing it right? Doing it too often? And if it's the latter, that's kind of why I want the non-nicotine vaporizer of some kind. Take a hit of the nicotine for the physical needs, then the other one to get my mental fix. It's like I quit smoking but now need more nicotine.
    Well before I got the refillable cartridges they say one of those non-refillable are equivalent of 10 packs and it seemed to last that long for me. For me I have the little version and it looks and feels like a cigarette so it does help until I go up to a bigger version. It does help me with that feeling of a cigarette and yet don't crave the real thing as much.

So give you an idea, this is sort of what I have just minus case and wall charger (have one cigarette look-alike, the usb charger, refillable cartos and the nicotine liquid):

Last edited by TASpark658; 10-02-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Could you guys recommend a starter kit for me? It's kind of overwhelming researching everything, I don't even know where to start. There are so many options!

What I use is a Vuse. If you have a 711 or Hess Express, they're under $15 for the starter kit only at those two stores. It comes with a usb charger and a cartridge and is super easy to use. Refills are $6 for two cartridges. So it's not a pricy to test it out.

Thank you! I was hoping to not spend too much money. That sounds perfect.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    I've given up on the fake cigarette ones, and just bought a vaporizer. I've had Blu and Fuma e-cigs, but neither was really satisfying. The vaporizer I have has variable volt selections, so I can control the amount of vapor being produced. I've been using it for a week, and I'm much happier with it than I had been with my blue.

I think I'm gonna see how I like e-cigs and move up to a vaporizer if I feel the need. I'm not a heavy smoker, maybe 4-5 a day, so we'll see. I've quit cold turkey numerous times, but I always relapse after about a month, so I'm hoping this will help with that.