Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeopathy - It works so well that having none is even better

That's really dumb to feed kids Belladonna for teething. Whenever I took it as homeopathic medicine, it was for bronchitis. It worked better than any other medicine the doctor's give me. Of course, using homeopathic medicine for vaccines is just...dumb.
    Life. Some of it's valuable, some of it's junk, but all of it is odd.

"Homeopathic" by definition is bunk science, though, and won't do anything for you that a placebo wouldn't. It appears though that some products labeled homeopathic actually are not. See Zicam for more. Homeopathic is not the same thing as herbal/natural.

I wanted to add - I love that First Aid is in quotes in that picture. How's that for appropriate advertising?

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Some excellent pseudo-scientific sounding bollox here

A few years ago, Dr. Marichal established the use
    of highly diluted DNA molecules with specific nucleotide sequences to alleviate disease by targeting beneficial parts of the genetic blueprint. Dr Marichal refers to the use of highly diluted DNA molecules of specific sequences (called SNA,, specific nucleic acids) as New Homeopathy (4). He has used highly diluted DNA molecules to target immune response genes to prevent disease and fight infections that do not respond to antibiotics.

So, how could highly diluted DNA molecules target beneficial health promoting genes through their sequences? At the moment, the answer is that it is not really known how Homeovitality and New Homeopathy work. However, Homeovitality products have been succussed or potentised at each dilution stage so their beneficial effects may be brought about by one or more of the mechanisms described by Dr. Kratz (see Ref. 5).
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar

= "PAY US FOR NOTHING OR YOU WILL BREAK AND DIE"

But what's the sciencey wiency bit?

HoV-CTR is designed to help protect you from fracturing your bones, especially if you are a post-menopausal women.

Are you a women? Either way click here for a debunking of this marketing scam.

What we need for a therapeutic use of this information is a way to regulate the activity of the protein in cells in a predictable way. So what does Homeovitality® have people do?
    Drink it.

Drink a DNA solution? Are they insane? That's just going to get broken down and do nothing, and besides, it's not as if your body contains some shortage of Klotho genes — every cell in your body has a copy. Of course, even that objection is pointless, because you aren't actually drinking any DNA. This is a homeopathic solution.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    Don't want to break your bones? Drink some freaking milk.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    Don't want to break your bones? Drink some freaking milk.
    And your dark leafy greens!

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Have we seen this? Homeopathy A&E

It's somewhat irrational I know but the thought of people subjecting their sick pets to homeopathic "remedies" angers me even more than people getting sucked in to it for their own use.

Association claims proof of homeopathic effectiveness

By owners' assessments (graded on a 7-point scale, ranging from −3 to +3), a moderate or major improvement was reported overall for 68% of dogs and 63% of cats.
    So even with a self selecting target group of pet owners who all want homeopathy to work, and of course no control group, only 6 and a half people out of 10 thought they saw any improvement at all. This, get ready for the well worn chestnut, is a positive sign that "further research" is needed. It's funny how often homeopathic researchers come to that conclusion.

The British Association of Homeopathic Vets has 140 members, all through simple paid subscription, no assessment of course (HOW COULD YOU DO 'NOTHING' BADLY?). The RSPCA should be hounding these exploitative fuckers out of business.

No, it's not irrational at all. If someone wants to be a dumbass and harm only themselves, go for it. We don't need that brand of crazy around anyway. But this to me is on the same level of the asshole neighbor I have who lets his tiny toy dog wander around the neighborhood and sit in the street waiting to get hit by a car. I would even be almost tempted to say this is worse than treating children with homeopathic medicine if you consider the fact that at least children can get away from the crazy when (and if) they make it to 18.

Not homeopathy but some quality nonsense.

The moon makes you fatter

(NaturalNews) Have you ever noticed your weight fluctuating for no apparent reason? On some days you put on extra pounds even though you haven't eaten anything fattening, on other days your weight drops dramatically. A new theory suggests that this change is due to the moons influence.

It has been known since roman times that the moon affects the water content in fruit. Pliny the Elder writing in AD 63 stated that it was best to pick fruits on specific days of the month if you wanted them to be plump and juicy. Modern scientific studies on human urological issues have also backed up this idea showing that our bodies retain different levels of water in relation to the lunar cycle, making us plumper on different days of the month. On full moons there are greater levels of water retention whereas on new moons it is at its least. Not only is this effect monthly but it is also seasonal, with water retention being greater around mid-summer and least around the New Year.

So if you are planning a summer event and want to look your best, make sure you check the lunar calendar so you will fit into that special outfit.

How does the moon affect our water retention? We all know that the moon moves the oceans, but we seem to have overlooked the fact the moon could also affect the water within our bodies.

That is until now.

There is lots of impressive scientific evidence to show how the moons electromagnetic vibrations affect us biologically; it just took a lot of digging around in the library for me to find out the answers. The reason how the moon affects us biologically is all down to vibrations and the amazing properties of water.

Studies have shown that if you drink a glass of natural spring water that has been treated to an 8 Hz vibration it produces biological changes immediately. The 8Hz vibration causes; "decreased formation of red blood cell rouleau and aggregates, diminished protein linkage of the cells, and produced less clotting than blood from subjects drinking control water."
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by Zomino View Post
    And your dark leafy greens!
    Weight-bearing exercise!
    Vitamin D!

I've used many prescription drugs as well as homeopathic remedies, for various things. Some work and some don't (from my own experience), of both types. As far as water having a memory, this is pretty interesting to watch...

She fail physics.

^ Suddenly it all makes cents! And all thanks to Stephen B Hawkins, apparently.