Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The All-Inclusive Retro Console/Game/PC Geekdom Thread

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    NOOOO. No DKC2 and DKC3? They are killing me super.

Why release this thing with only 20 games, I wonder. Probably another PR stunt to promote the VC on the Switch.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^Yeah, DKC 2 is a stomper of a game. Maybe there will be a DKC Collection on Switch lol.

Also, I'm not sure why Chrono Trigger was left off. I'm a huuuge fan of Final Fantasy II as well (IV) but I understand why they would only go with III. (VI)

I'm glad for the amount of RPGs that are included, and it's really just a solid selection of games overall. But there's less games than the NES Classic and it costs more. And despite them saying this will be produced in higher numbers, I'm sure it will still be nigh impossible to find.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    The selection of games is way too small for a device that plays a fixed set of ROMS. Well, there are some great choices of course, like Earthbound, SMW2 and SMRPG... however, I think DKC3 is the best one of the SNES DKC, not even going to try and get one. Really wondering if there will be a 3player option for SoM, but I dont see really how that would materialize, other than that it may have native support for the multitap.

Would comsider it if I knew beforehand it could be softmodded.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Walmart has the SNES classic up for pre order right now. It probably won't last long.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Nin...ition/55791858