Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Game Soundtracks

Favorite Game Soundtracks

Actually i want to talk about Silent Hill soundtracks.Especially ones that are done by Akira Yamaoka & Mary Elizabeth McGlynn But with time ill post my other favorite game soundtracks

This is probably the most popular cut amongst them.Mary's voice is beautiful,the background music is simple,but it supports the lyrics and mood.Which is pretty sad&creepy when you think about the plot of the game.(Silent Hill The Room that is.)

Another one with Mary McGlynn.This one fits in with more traditional ballad.The delivery is awesome.

But most of the soundtrack is amibent music that features piano,guitar but no vocal.Pretty chilling stuff

Love Psalm is pretty sad.The whole Silent Hill 2 soundtrack has this sombre feeling i'm really fond of.

Another game i will probably highlight would be Bastion.But it is completely different than Silent Hill.

So did you know about SH soundtracks ? And are there other game soundtracks you want to share ?
    Last edited by lovecraft; 09-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    the draught was the very worst

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    I love the soundtracks to SH, this song is my fav;

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Ahh the scene where that song plays..So many feels,i was a complete mess.

Speaking of being a mess while playing video games.. Anyone experienced Planescape Torment ? The best RPG,or screw it,the best video game ever made which also has an impressive soundtrack.This being my favorite.

I loved the music to the 7th Guest, and the sequel, 11th Hour. Not a lot of good midi videos of that online, but did come across this;

Brings back the memories yo.

^ Yes that is a great one.Brr that game. "We'll all be dead by the time you solve this" Really Henry,you dick.

This is probably not that good,but who can forget Scissor Man?

Sorry for the dp; Gabriel Knight 3 has awesome compositions.

Main Theme

St. George's Bookstore

Oh i love that main theme but i never played the game though :/

Another vocal song from Dragon Age:Origins.I really love what Inon Zur did with series soundtrack.He is a great composer.And i'm sure this one is the highlight of them.Because Leliana is/was one of the best fictional character.

Main theme.The orchestral build up is awesome.

Come to think of it,Mass Effect has also great soundtrack,especially the second game.

I can't wait to come back and post things in here when I get on my computer!

I'm a sucker for Blizzard soundtracks in general, but these are my favourite tracks. I don't know if it's because they're good or because of the memories they bring.

This one made my leveling to 85 feel like I was doing something 'OMG SO IMPORTANT' while questing in Hyjal.

I'll never forget this track because the first time I ran ICC and did Gunship Battle, even though it was easy, it was amazing because it was so different from every other fight. (Little did I know about Heroic Putricide which made me want to kill myself in several ocassions).

And of course, my favourite Starcraft track ever. It's been my ringtone since forever. So many memories of people insulting me and wishing for my suicide/uninstall/self-fuck on battle.net when I was 11.

Also, for Non-Blizzard games, my favourite Assassin's Creed track.

Tomb Raider: Underworld (My favourite Tomb Raider game)

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Perhaps my favorite video game soundtrack ever, is actually only five years old. It's from a pretty divisive game but I think the soundtrack is unparalleled and that the composer is pretty much unmatched in his styles on a good day.

For non-Lightning games, of course I like a lot of stuff composers like Shimomura, Uematsu, etc have done for Square but even soundtracks to games like DOOM (which really, is a collection of midi grunge and metal leitmotifs of popular songs which as a child I wasn't aware of until I went back after as a big grunge/metal fan and thought OH HEY THAT'S SLAYER/AIC/etc). So far, I'm playing Silent Hill 1 for the first time ever and that soundtrack is entering my collection once I finish it. The Seventh Guest, as Spikey mentioned above, has a killer soundtrack too.

yes the main theme for the first game is pretty great just like the game itself.It captures what Silent Hill is about,creepiness,melancholia and descend into madness.
    Though i must say my favorites are SH 2 and 3. Two because it has great atmosphere with guitar lead themes,sad piano driven songs transitioning into ambient tracks(Magdelene into Fermata in Mistic Air is heavenly.).And 3 really compliments the themes that the game built itself upon plus the great vocal tracks from Mary Elizabeth.

Another game soundtrack that i really love is from a game i played recently "Hotline Miami".It's different because it's mainly in techno/synthwave genre.First one is my favorite by very far.

Last edited by lovecraft; 09-09-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Spent christmas eve making my very first synth track, partly with own samples. It was supposed to become a christmas song, but what I was doing reminded me so much of an old Zelda track I used to love, so I just switched to doing that. This was the result (and an empty bottle of wine);

Ha, the last few seconds made laugh
    (Also, cool sweater)
    (Also, merry christmas)
    post28!

I wish Mancy were here to nerd out over Gerudo Valley with us. I'm a big fan of the Bottom of the Well/Shadow Temple theme. That little harpsichord tick is everything.

Chiming in my love for Silent Hill music. I've only played through the first and now playing SH3, but I am thoroughly impressed with both soundtracks.

Another recent discovery is Kenji Ito's work for the Romancing SaGa trilogy. I have a couple of selections that I absolutely adore that I'll post later.

God do I miss the SFC's amazing trumpet synths.