Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Game Soundtracks

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    https://mondotees.com/products/silen...nt=34503230990

Konami released the original Silent Hill soundtrack onl vinyl it seems. Is this a new vile trend of neglecting the original platform for some extra cashes? Anywhose, the "Snow Fall" colored vinyl is "sold out".

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

I thought about picking that up when VGMDB got wind of it. Probably has very little to do with Konami though; a lot of these things come about from licensing deals, etc.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

They call it a "partnership" I believe, Castlevania is up next.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^I've been getting all of Mondo's Castlevania vinyl pressings. They've done the first 3 NES games already, I think CV4 and SOTN will wrap up the campaign. They look nice, and sound pretty good (there are both NES and Famicom versions included); the rarest color variants have been selling out almost immediately, frustratingly. I think the Contra series is getting pressed as well, at least Contra 3 already has.

I soooo want the Final Fantasy games to get vinyl pressings. This is kind of an expensive rabbit hole to go down lol

FINAL FANTASY VINYLS is a really fucking good box set. It's a collection of pieces from I-X. It's pretty well out of print at this point, but it's a great set. There's similarly an orchestral selection that came with the Orchestral Album blu-ray. That LP is okay but not that exciting. VII and VIII respectively have 2 LP picture disc sets with highlights but A) they're ugly as sin and B) they're also out of print. The vinyl series they did for XI and XIII respectively were much better. Either way, I doubt we'll ever see full LP sets for any of those soundtracks, but Square's definitely shown an interest in vinyl in the past six or seven years.

I could really go for any number of piano collection discs as LPs, personally. I just really like piano-based classical and I think the analog sound really suits the style. Otherwise, I'm really into Blu-Ray records as an audio format. I'll take a single BR disc with a visual component, accessibility of digital files and other extras over an inflated 4 disc CD set any day of the week.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for WiiU has some pretty amazing tracks. The game was on my shelf for years, but the last few weekends me and a friend have been playing song. The entire thing is pretty amazing, but this is my favorite track I think;