Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Game Soundtracks

Anything Zelda.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Donkey Kong Country II goodness.

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

So i'm replaying Mass Effect 2 again and holy shit,it has a great soundtrack,especially on Suicide Mission.A great great game that features a great soundtrack.The third one was a mess though.

When Samara is too weak to hold up her shield and blasts everyone with a biotic force? Yeah, that was awesome.
    the draught was the very worst

^ sounds great.

Today got the 4-disc OST for Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance from Japan, released only uh 10 years too late. .

Here is "Power hungry fool" from it with nice harpsi and pretty strings.

I've been really into game soundtracks lately. Besides the Zelda series (I've been listening to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Link Between Worlds) I've been really enjoying the soundtracks for Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Super Mario Galaxy, Pokemon XY, and American McGee's Alice.

that is a great list. Have you ever heard the Theophany remix soundtrack of Majora's Mask? I love them.

their website is here;

http://www.terriblefate.com/

No I've never heard of it. I'll give it a listen. Thanks!

16 years old, but according to my iPod, most listened song by me in 2015.

Was playing Secret of Mana the other day, as I saw it listed as one of the "most overrated games" somewhere.

Aside from that the rare 90s 3-player multiplayer experience was completely overlooked, one of the other main features of this game is the music! Nothing overrated about it.

Into the thick of it;

A wish;

I don't love SD2's soundtrack, but both SD3 and SD1 are phenomenal. "Swivel" from 3 is insane and pretty much anything Kenji Ito touches (SD1) is gold in my book. I'll get some clips later.

I've never been huge on Into the Thick of It. I think the production is great, but it hasn't captured me. SD2's soundtrack, actually, as a whole is just immaculately produced. That percussion is really good. As I never finished the game, I've never gotten that familiar with the soundtrack beyond Fear of the Heavens and Into the Thick of It; I *want* to finish it, but I think my love for SD1 clouds my ability to grow. Very different games.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Alright, here are some of the Seiken tracks I really love:

Swivel (Seiken Densetsu 3):

In Search of the Sword of Mana (Seiken Densetsu) - my favorite GB-era overworld theme for any game

Battle II (Seiken Densetsu) - For years, I thought this was the FINAL FANTASY II final boss theme. It is decidedly not (though Battle Scene II is also a fantastic piece of VGM):

Dungeon III (Seiken Densetsu - Adventures of Mana) - This is from the recent remake. This is one of my favorite new arrangements:

and last but not least, Say It with a Song (Seiken Densetsu - Adventures of Mana):
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by RG View Post
    I don't love SD2's soundtrack, but both SD3 and SD1 are phenomenal. "Swivel" from 3 is insane and pretty much anything Kenji Ito touches (SD1) is gold in my book. I'll get some clips later.

I've never been huge on Into the Thick of It. I think the production is great, but it hasn't captured me. SD2's soundtrack, actually, as a whole is just immaculately produced. That percussion is really good. As I never finished the game, I've never gotten that familiar with the soundtrack beyond Fear of the Heavens and Into the Thick of It; I *want* to finish it, but I think my love for SD1 clouds my ability to grow. Very different games.
    Mystic Quest (GB) wasn't released here in EU until the same year as Secret of Mana (SNES), in 1993, and I've never played it. For 1993, Secret of Mana was phenomenal in all aspects, the one who arranged that music on the SNES is really a genius, I hadn't heard anything like it up to that point. To enjoy it when it was released, I needed to pay 10 guilders to rent it for a week, and another 10 guilders to rent the multitap so we could play it with three people. It was just the ultimate SNES experience.

Maybe we can play it together over the net with a third person?? .

Seiken Densetsu 2's original soundtrack was actually Hiroki Kikuta's first soundtrack release. He was extremely resourceful and brought out a lot of things out of the SFC's sound font. Seriously. There wasn't anything like his work before it, indeed.

I have a copy of SD2 on my iPhone. For whatever reason, I thought they'd done a more faithful retranslation for that release, but there's no way it's not a Ted Woolsey (NA Secret of Mana, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, etc) translation. The controls are messy and even with a blue tooth controller, I think I'd rather just play it on the VC or my SFC. I know I'm going to need to import SD3 for SFC if I like 2 though. Fortunately Japanese releases are both much cheaper and more visually appealing (North American artwork is typically hideous).

Or yeah we can have a SoM LAN party

Rutger, I strongly urge you to pick up a copy of Adventures of Mana for iOS/Android/Vita. It's a very faithful remake and it's still my favorite Mana installment. FFA/Mystic Quest is great too, if you can track down a copy or want to emulate it, but the remake is really stellar.

I think we're all pretty over Latin-chorused battle themes, but good God, Masayoshi Soken is fantastic and the chorus here is equally so. This is a great final battle theme and encompasses some of my best MMO raiding memories. Imperium! Imperium! Imperium, Ave!

This tune from a game named EVO originally for the SNES I heard today...it takes me back!

Recently, I've been replaying Lemmings and Lemmings II. I always recommend playing the original on the SNES, as even though it doesn't contain the "Oh no more lemmings" expansion like the Genesis, the music is just... way better.