Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Melbourne, Australia 15/11/2014

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Does not compute.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    ^I know! I don't want to pick on someone who was clearly very helpful with tweeting the setlist, but it's not like confusing an obscure b-side or a cover by an artist you don't know well. I might not recognize a YKTR song right off or get some of the NOH/UG songs mixed up because I don't listen to them on repeat, but... bq/horses? wow.

Oh my god, what an incredible show. I feel privileged to have been there.

So many highlights I couldn't really begin, but I Touch Myself followed by Icicle was incredible, and I just couldn't believe that she played Doughnut Song (it's my absolute favourite and I never thought I would hear it my life, so it was completely special).

In regards to Beauty Queen - I can understand the confusion I guess, because if you had never heard a live interpretation of it, it was quite a departure from the album version - I mean even I've heard it live before, but it was quite extended and powerful.

But anyway, incredibly happy with my second and final Tori show, I feel like this tour has been very special, and I think the rest of the Aussie shows are really in for a treat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    So... it was Beauty Queen and not Learn to Fly? Or she did both? Either way that's a damn fine setlist.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    I'm so confused. Are the lyrics to Learn to Fly even public knowledge so that someone would even be able to think they were hearing it?
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

It's weird that someone would be aware of Learn To Fly but then totally not recognize Beauty Queen. (Not doggin' on him, just sayin')

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    He didn't say it was Learn To Fly. He didn't know what it was, so tweeted one line of lyrics as "I lie to myself" which is a line in Learn To Fly, and a plausible misheard line/improv within BQ. I guess some other people saw that and made the assumption?

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    I'm so confused. Are the lyrics to Learn to Fly even public knowledge so that someone would even be able to think they were hearing it?
    Yup, they are online. I'm not familiar with Learn To Fly and when I heard that speculation I googled the lyrics and found it matched the line he tweeted. It's just a weird coincidence, I think.

Ah gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

She was amazing last night. It was my 6th time seeing her and by far the best. I enjoyed it a lot more than the Sydney Symphony show. She said the show was a requests show like the 3rd Sydney one will be so we shouldn't worry. I have never heard her sound better, vocals were on point and she was really enjoying herself. Wish I could see her again this tour but it was my last show...

I Touch Myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfaS...lmUfYoimTsf1_Q

Icicle (bad video, but great recording).

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy's Dead View Post
    Reports that between Winter and horses, she played Learn to Fly. Fingers crossed.
    Whilst not familiar enough with ltFly to confirm, I do know I've never heard a (*better!) B-Queen like this.

This show was absolutely incredible. Tori said at gig start - 'The request show is Thursday, but tonight's 100% requests, too'

2 of my girls told T about Chrissie Amphlett's recent death, and suggested the Touch Myself/Icicle combo, noting that Melbs is Chrissie's hometown. 3 hours later, out it came.

http://www.noise11.com/news/tori-amo...eview-20141117

I was hanging at the M&G late in the afternoon to chat with friends - despite the diversity and number of requests made, close to all of them appeared at the show.

There is absolutely no other artist like Tori - after all these years, I still find myself stunned at the level of generosity to her fans. Spoiled, innit.

The guy ahead of me in the Meet & Greet line in Kansas City, back in August, requested I Touch Myself. I'm glad she finally played it.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Not sure where else to post this, but a random boxscore tidbit came through on Billboard this week:

Tori Amos, Matt Walters
    Palais Theatre
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nov. 15, 2014
    $211,566
    2,273 / 2,780
    $97.55, $71.43
    Live Nation