Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw it, Taylor Swift gets her own thread!

i can't stop playing Out of the Woods since downloading it from iTunes yesterday. i get that Shake It Off is a more radio-friendly single but it would have been pretty cool to release Out of the Woods first -- i think it's a way better example of the 80s influence she's been talking about.

i was a big fan of that All Too Well performance from the Grammy's (had never heard the song before that). never listened to the album Red but based on the comments from you guys and how much i love All Too Well i just downloaded it to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    i can't stop playing Out of the Woods since downloading it from iTunes yesterday. i get that Shake It Off is a more radio-friendly single but it would have been pretty cool to release Out of the Woods first -- i think it's a way better example of the 80s influence she's been talking about.

i was a big fan of that All Too Well performance from the Grammy's (had never heard the song before that). never listened to the album Red but based on the comments from you guys and how much i love All Too Well i just downloaded it to check it out.
    Post your thoughts! Her fans seem to battle on whether or not Speak Now is better than Red, but Red does the better job of expanding her sound. I mean how euphoric and great is "State of Grace"? Plus, "All Too Well" is just a master class in country songwriting, in my opinion. There are a few duds, for sure. For me, she has yet to release a truly great start-to-finish album. I'm hoping that changes with the new one.

Speaking of 1989, the track length for the first track, rumored to be titled "Welcome To New York" just appeared on iTunes. That usually means the song is about to become available for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    There are a few duds, for sure.
    Yup, that's true. I hate hate hate Stay Stay Stay, so freaking childish, but I actually do like the rest of Red. One of the best pop albums of the last years.

The real highlights for me would be:
    State of Grace (euphoric is the right way to describe this, it soars on and on)
    Treacherous
    All too Well
    We are never...
    Holy Ground
    Begin Again (next to All Too Well the best ballad imo)
    post28!

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Sparks Fly
    The Best Day
    Mine
    The song she did with Kelly Pickler
    and.. Back to December are the few songs I like outside of RED.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

I LOVE Red with the exception of Stay.
    All Too Well is great. I also think The Last Time is a great duet.

The first five songs are by far my favorite, and the Ref is front loaded with her finest material.

Out of the Woods is a late contender for best Pop song of the year.

I love all the Taylor Swift love here! I think she's a brilliant pop lyricist and an incredible business woman. Both songs from 1989 are fantastic, and I'm so happy that they're getting a good reception. Her back catalog is full of great songs--pop bobs and ballads--and is worth exploring.

Charli XCX is amazing. I saw her open for Marina and the Diamonds and her performance completely won me over. I can't wait to see what she does next.

Keeping with the Taylor Swift theme.. Imogen Heap's recent vblog - Episode 5 (which is 19 mins long) Imogen talks about a song she and Taylor did the one day she (Taylor) had off between UK shows.
    Imogen said that Taylor was full of energy, professional, and brilliant. Taylor had the song or ideas of the song and played them on her guitar for Immy. And they basically completed it in that one day.
    Sounds like Taylor is a pretty legit songwriter. I mean, you never know with country/pop acts. You look at a CD sleeve and of course you see an artist as a writer.. along with about 4-5 co-writers.. I think the majority of RED was just Taylor writing w/ a few exceptions.

^Actually it was Speak Now that she wrote completely on her own; with Red she purposefully branched out to write with others. Her first two albums are mostly penned by her and a long-time collaborator. Her writing credits are the real deal. She doesn't have the best voice, or guitar/piano skills, but the whole package works tremendously well.

More new Taylor!

http://www.sift-thru.com/sift-thru/2...me-to-new-york

Track 1 of the new album. As someone moving to New York soon, this was a blast to hear and really turned my day around. Euphoric in the right places!

Banned
    You keep posting stuff just ahead of me Jake, again another guilty bop...who am I?

Nice! It almost sounds like a more mainstream Robyn track...
    I'm going on a trip to NYC this end of november, so this is surely going on the playlist for the trip!

Well then, should we already call this pop album of the year?
    post28!

Not feeling Welcome To New York at all. Still obsessed with Out of The Woods though. So thank goodness for that. It will be interesting to see how this album plays out. I hate Shake it Off, and Welcome to New York just feels completely undercooked. But Woods gives me lots of hope...

I have to admit... i like everything I've heard off the new Taylor Swift album as well. I want to be a snob but how can one deny such sugary goodness? Woods is fab.

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    I like Shake It Off, adore Out Of The Woods, but Welcome to New York is not doing it for me.

It's probably because I keep hearing this in it:

Wow.. Madonna kinda sorta doing some lead electric guitar! Go on. Go on.

I keep thinking about "All Too Well" and the love it is getting on here. I mean, that is the song and the grammy performance that inspired Tash Hawley to tell her mother that people are stealing her "moves" right? I mean, that was what a journalist wrote and I thought we might have accepted that idea.. maybe we didn't.