Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Screw it, Taylor Swift gets her own thread!

Feels like a Sia video with the style of dancing which Sia herself has done to death. Love the song though, probably the best thing from this album.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 03-12-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Taylor Swift finally gets political: https://www.instagram.com/p/BopoXpYn...ource=ig_embed

Taylor opened the American Music Awards tonight with this performance of I Did Something Bad. It’s rough in spots vocally and veers into “theater kid” territory at times (she’s not quite believable with some of her vamping) but I admire the ambition and pure spectacle of this performance. Also it’s nice to think of this as a fuck you to the Republicans shaming her for speaking her mind.

ETA: ugh the video got pulled down before I could even post it. Hopefully it’ll be made officially available.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 10-10-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Taylor opened the American Music Awards tonight with this performance of I Did Something Bad. It’s rough in spots vocally and veers into “theater kid” territory at times (she’s not quite believable with some of her vamping) but I admire the ambition and pure spectacle of this performance. Also it’s nice to think of this as a fuck you to the Republicans shaming her for speaking her mind.

ETA: ugh the video got pulled down before I could even post it. Hopefully it’ll be made officially available.
    Full performance (but not in TV quality): https://youtu.be/7Fvsi2j0m9s

I also loved the Instagram post. And some hundreds of thousands of people, most under 30, have registered to vote since she posted it, and now she’s putting pictures of early voters with their “I Voted” stickers in her IG story every day! I love it. I’m so proud of her. But mostly I want to bump the T Swift thread.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    ^ Not to be a negative jerk, but I truly wish I could unsee/unhear that. She can be so great, and then so... cheese whiz. I don't know which I like less, the song or the video.

My thoughts exactly. When I think how talented she is with just a guitar on stage, I was hoping at this point when she's pushing 30 she would have left all this childish pop star cheeky narcissism behind. But who am I kidding, when you're that huge it's about staying on top. This is like regressing into meghan trainer territory. Call me a snob, I don't care!

I don’t mind it. I think the video’s cute. I liked this comment from Taylor about it: "With a pop song, we have the ability to get a melody stuck in people's heads. I just want it to be one that makes them feel better about themselves.”

Taylor’s past few lead singles have definitely been the silliest songs from the album (We Are Never Getting Back Together, Shake It Off, Look What You Made Me Do) so I don’t take it too seriously. I will say this song is the weakest of that bunch, in my opinion.

Did anyone else notice when she says the line about “cool chicks” there’s a picture of the Dixie Chicks on the wall? People are speculating that means there might be a Dixie Chicks collaboration on the new album.

ETA: OK on repeated listens, the “Spelling is fun!” bridge is definitely cringeworthy.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 04-26-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plastic•husband View Post
    This is like regressing into meghan trainer territory. Call me a snob, I don't care!
    OMG - so yes! Snob

This thread is pretty interesting..Taylor tweeted that she has hidden the name of the album and the next single in the video: https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1121922423668871168

I kind of like it in a guilty pleasure kind of way. She was getting dangerously close to taking herself too seriously for me.

But it definitely has the possibility of become an overplayed, "Happy"-sized horror.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    It’s definitely a song that gets stuck in your head.
    Didn’t she just put out a new album?
    Last edited by Volta; 04-28-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Yeah... this song... well... at least she's not sucking Brendon's toe, right?
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

The new song sounds like Kidz Bop or something. She's released some good pop song over the years, but this is not one of them.

When I first heard the chorus of "Me!" I was reminded of another song, but I couldn't remember the title or the artist. Apparently I wasn't the only one - it was "Next to Me" by Emeli Sande. Ironically, Taylor invited Emeli to perform the song during one of her tours: