Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Like Me

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    This clip from last weeks show of them singing about the "transgender chicken" (Adele) they decided to kill and are about to eat is just priceless.

..when he serves the first piece after they finish the song.. omg.. I was in tears laughing.
    If that doesn't play, here is the link to just them singing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lngvUB0JZzo

This show is too much fun
    Last edited by Volta; 11-16-2015 at 03:56 AM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

Thoughts about season 3? I loved most of it, except maybe moments in Champagne, but I really liked Ben, and I love how they made me simultaneously love and hate Ella; her character is really funny and a mixed bag, in a good way.

I hope there's a season 4...
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

I really liked it; although, nothing really seemed to have a point. Still, not many shows do what it does so I hope there is another season.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

It's kinda true that for some characters, they kinda went from point A to point B and back to A before the season was over... so I can agree that in the end it's a bit like... "what's the point?" but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope that there's more going on in a hypothetical season 4.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

I love this show. I watched it all in a few days.

The episode where Ella is introduced is an absolute highlight. The ambulance scene! "Evan is a very talented medical professional and I'm sure he's sick to bloody death of everyone talking about his perfect face."

I have to watch it again. There were some memorable moments
    the Adele the chicken/rooster story (mentioned above)
    the Christmas dinner scene ! that was hilarious
    Arnold singing Chandelier
    Tom trying to get the dog to destroy the city he built

This show is just...SO good.
    There are things I recognize in myself and in my friends in all of the characters.
    I am completely in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    I really liked it; although, nothing really seemed to have a point. Still, not many shows do what it does so I hope there is another season.
    I think that was the point. I think this is a trend in TV right now. To focus not on big plots that have a particular beginning and an end but instead celebrating the small moments, what makes a life, etc. See also: Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle, so on.

Quote Originally Posted by take_offs View Post
    I love this show. I watched it all in a few days.

The episode where Ella is introduced is an absolute highlight. The ambulance scene! "Evan is a very talented medical professional and I'm sure he's sick to bloody death of everyone talking about his perfect face."
    I really worried during that episode that the show had jumped the shark...she just seemed like too much of a manic-pixie dream girl to be real. Thankfully they fleshed her out a bit over the remaining episodes, and it was another excellent season.

Quote Originally Posted by okyanus View Post
    I think that was the point. I think this is a trend in TV right now. To focus not on big plots that have a particular beginning and an end but instead celebrating the small moments, what makes a life, etc. See also: Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle, so on.
    Mozart in the Jungle is definitely on my "to watch" list. And Transparent isn't so much a show for me as it is.. how to describe.. a experience. The last three episodes of Transparent.. just... well, the last episode with the three generations of Pfefferman's on the beach. That was one of the most beautifully made endings I've ever seen for a show.

I hear you about the point. I enjoy the show for all the things that it does (do) that you can't get from many other shows except for Girls and a few Web Series like The Outs..
    Last edited by Volta; 01-13-2016 at 12:47 AM.

Update from Josh Thomas:

PIVOT, the US home of PLEASE LIKE ME announced today they are shutting down.
    PIVOT was a cool network run by nice, interesting people and they made some really great shows. It’s a real bummer it didn’t work out. I really feel so lucky to have been involved. I wish I could be in LA with everyone drinking negronis and being reckless.
    What does this mean for PLEASE LIKE ME?
    We are still making season 4, we’re in the middle of post production. It’s going to be great I think!
    It will go to air in Australia on the ABC in November. It is currently homeless in America. I’ll keep you updated.

I didn't know about PIVOT until PLM. But I have to say it is sad to see them going because they played a lot of movies I love. Weird that. Guess no one else loved them, tho, it seems.

Season 4 just started, but unfortunately for folks in the States, you'll have to seek it out via "alternative" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    Season 4 just started, but unfortunately for folks in the States, you'll have to seek it out via "alternative" means.
    Bummer. Any idea when it's on Hulu?

Not cool.. I don't even know how to spell torrent let alone use one.