Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please Like Me

Still the best.

It feels like they just made season three available here in the states, so it may not be available through official channels until a year from now.

This show is still the most hilarious thing ever, in the most awkward ways possible
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Anyone have any clue how American's will get to see this. Will we have to wait for the DVD release? Do they have a DVD release?
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Just now getting around to the new season thanks to someone so incredibly kind
    I think season 4 is hilarious as ever but a few things have made me ponder a bit. Maybe an Aussie or Kiwi can answer me this but why doesnt Josh's accent sound anywhere near the other actors? I mean, not all of the cast have the same accent, I conclude obviously that's because they're from different regions and their sound reflects that, but you can still tell from their voices they're Australian. Josh doesn't even sound Australian. I wiki-ed him and he is indeed from Queensland, Australia. And I follow a lot of public figures from Queensland .. mostly tennis players that all sound Aussie and nothing like Josh.

Is Josh trying not to sound Australian on purpose?

The last episode was great!

Some time I have to start rewatching it from the start, because I don't remember what Josh does for work. It always seems like he doesn't work at all and I don't remember any mention of it

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    Josh runs a coffee cart that his father got him. He sells his homemade sweets on it, as well.

And his father still ices the cake as they say. So Josh really wants for nothing although he isn't really materialistic, anyhow. Except with his food. He uses a lot of expensive ingredients.

thanks
    I knew about the coffee cart. It was in one episode, but I thought it was just a one time thing or some kind of summer job

Interesting interview that touches on this a little bit:

“We’ve done MDMA and abortion, we did suicide a few times, and we’ve done underarm hair … Josh has never had a job, but I never find those [potential] storylines very thrilling; I don’t really care about people at work.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...ing-surprising

I also think the house where they live in belongs to his dad, and while he does pay rent, it might not be so high.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

So I re-watched again the first two seasons and watched for the first time the third one.
    It's a great show, but there's a change on S03. Josh is less likeable (is that a word?). There's something cute about him in the first two seasons, maybe some fragility or a sense of being lost without really knowing what to do. And in season three he gets a boyfriend and he becomes kind of... Arrogant? The best example is when that woman says to Claire "are you going to spend the weekend with him?" (I'm paraphrasing). But yeah, that.
    And the show definitely became less relatable too. All the things that happen to her mother, for instance. What I liked in the first seasons was that you could identify with Josh. In the third season that's not so easy. I mean, for instance, what happens with Ben. Who could react like that? And who in the world could feel some identification with a guy who has to kill a rooster with his friends?
    It's still hilarious and a breeze of fresh air.

Oh, and Keegan Joyce, a.k.a. the beautiful Arnold, is also a musician an released an album a couple of weeks ago. On his band camp site you can listen to his songs and buy her album and stuff.
    Last edited by waitressboy; 12-10-2016 at 11:06 AM.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

This week's episode struck a different tone than the rest of the episodes this season, but I think it'll be remembered as one of the best in the entire series.

From Josh's "Ask Me Anything," regarding a possible Season 5:

We had a sense that this might be the final season so it is written to end, if necessary. We hope that it isn't the end and are trying to work something out. x
    Last edited by Andyland; 12-10-2016 at 05:50 PM.

Yeah, this week's episode was... brutal. Very well done but just very hard to watch.

If they don't get the funding they are looking for, I really hope they do a Kickstarter. There are so many fans, some in countries where the show doesn't even air.