Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kate Tempest!

Icon15 Kate Tempest!

Surely about time Kate Tempest had a thread considering the massive outbreak of love in the AOTY thread!

Everybody Down is on very heavy rotation here. I still haven't heard Brand New Ancients, need to get on that!

Kate Tempest - Circles

Kate Tempest - Theme From Becky

The album tells a story so spoiler alert for these vids if you haven't heard all of it.

I saw her at a small venue in Oxford and she was awesome and fierce playing all of Everybody Down. It was her first headline gig so it felt like a real privilege to share that with her.

photos

Go see her if you get the chance!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Woah, so basically with the exception of To the Victor the Spoils,s he did the whole album. Wicked!
    post28!

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    She is playing NYC in the spring at Irving Plaza. Tix are only $12. Holy crap. Unfortunately, its on a school night, but I might have to skip. I really love her and this album is fucking wonderful. She's a force of nature. I really want to read her plays!

^ I've alerted my NYC twitter friends. Thanks!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Not Irving. Mercury Lounge! Sorry!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/kate-tem...004D57A9E3372E

No problem, thanks for the link! I see she's playing Rough Trade NYC on the 25th too.

I hope you can get to see her!

Wouldn't have listened if someone had told me she was a rapper but I saw her Mercury Prize nomination and got curious and listened to the album. Brilliant! My most played album of last year. Seem to find something new to appreciate about it whenever I listen.

NEW SONG!

Kate Tempest sings about a "Bad Place for a Good Time" [Premiere]
    Kate Tempest sure knows how to complicate a song, but we absolutely love the off-timed rhyming over dissonant, cascading piano chords that she's got going on here. "Bad Place For a Good Time" is thrilling and haunting at the same time, and there is a subtle brilliance in how she manages to deliver her lyrics.

Last year Tempest saw herself nominated for the Mercury Music Prize for her debut album, Everybody Down, and saw herself selected as an artist for Poetry Society’s Next Generation Poets. While those achievements were amazing, if "Bad Place For a Good Time" is any indication, this year is going to be equally amazing. Purchase "Bad Place For a Good Time" through Ninjatune or iTunes.

Soundcloud page

^ Ha, I just saw it on spotify and wanted to post this, but you beat me to it and I totally missed your post.

I love it, I love how fragile she sounds. It sounds almost like a lost massive attack song.
    post28!

This is a fun combination. Kate collaborating with Eliza Carthy (English folk royalty!).

Kate Tempest & Eliza Carthy - Progress at BBC 6 Music Festival 2015

She was looking out the window Snow White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    This is a fun combination. Kate collaborating with Eliza Carthy (English folk royalty!).
    So awesome! Eliza Carthy is always magic.

@katetempest tweeted
    got the proofs for my novel through yesterday. Started as a vague idea, soon it will be an actual book. Out April 16

New stuff. Good stuff, too
    post28!

I'd totally forgotten that she was releasing a novel!

Review in The Guardian.