Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Gourmet & Foodie Fodder

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Well. They sell this now at the supermarket right below my house; *official* Aperol Spritz pre-mix.
    There goes my soberness.

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

AHHHHHHHHH OMG!

Okay so I bought a huge bottle of Aperol. So here's an ignorant question: Since the Prosecco I got is a sparkling wine, is there any method to store it after it's been chilled and opened to help preserve the carbonation, or is it going to go flat and disgusting in a relatively short amount of time? Because if that's the case I guess I'll have to drink this whole bottle.

But I'm guessing it's already too late.

^^Probably...

but Yes @Ryan, you need a bottler stopper....but if you don't have one and don't want to drink it all, you can make a great risotto with Prosecco.

Ah ha! I had a cheap/simple cone shaped wine stopper but it's not a tight fit and when I tried it on my last bottle of sparkling wine it didn't really keep. I ordered one of these so hopefully it works better.

Yas those champagne stoppers are A+++. ENJOY SPRITZ O'CLOCK, my favorite time of day! I swear I drank like 4 of those bad boys a day in Italy and was never happier.

I had one or two too many at a restaurant in Cardiff and then we had to walk nearly a mile back to our Airbnb. When we got to the lobby of the apartment building I was very dizzy, so I tried leaning against a column while we waited for the lift. My shoulder totally missed the column and I slow-motion fell onto a tile floor. Nick was laughing so hard he couldn't help me up. To be fair, he'd had a lot to drink as well.

I have never heart of this Aperol Spritz, but I did some bottles at my local fancy supermarket the other day, and after reading the past couple of pages, I think I must try it. Is it too sweet? I'm not much of a drinker anymore, but I like to taste new things and I love Sparkling wine/Cava/Champagne/Prosecco (and can recommend another variety from another region in Italy called Franciacorta which is so, so good), but more the brut/dry kind.
    Last edited by Chalk; 09-04-2017 at 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling

It's actually more bitter than sweet, but there is a sweet orange/citrus flavor. It's 3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts Aperol, and 1 part soda water/seltzer/club soda, so it will depend a lot on the type of Prosecco you use.

I will definitely try it, then!

It's sweeter, less bitter, and more citrusy than Campari. It is a DELIGHT. Best with a fresh orange slice.

My whole bottle of Prosecco is gone. Oops. This really is my favorite drink, though I still love vodka and cranberry with some lime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    My whole bottle of Prosecco is gone. Oops. This really is my favorite drink, though I still love vodka and cranberry with some lime.
    It doesn't take much to tear down a bottle when you're Spritzing. It's one of my favorite drinks, too.