Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Gourmet & Foodie Fodder

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea View Post
    Pancetta Crisps with Pear and Goat Cheese(recipe at Southern Living, of all places).

I came across this freakishly delicious recipe when searching for any kind of goat cheese and fruit appetizer.
    I made this for a dinner party and boy it turned really tasty. Everybody loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    That looks sooo delicious! Do you have the dough recipe? I make a half white/half whole wheat flour pizza dough based on a Cooking Light recipe. It's delicious but hard to work with, so I've been seeking another recipe.

Have you guys ever tried grilling your pizza? I had to do that one night when the power went out after I had already let the dough rise and holy crap it turned out so yummy that I've been doing it that way every since!

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beKa View Post
    So funny that you put that butternut squash recipe up - I printed that out ages ago (the sage brown butter was what rung a bell) with the intention of making it and never did. I'm curious what you do with the cookies?
    I put about 6 of them (they are the size of coins) in the food processor and then it goes into the filling. They are Italian macaroons with their main ingredient being almond.

http://www.notakeout.com/

this website has been pretty useful to me in finding a dinner plan on the fly.

oh and this too

http://www.whatthefuckshouldimakefor....com/index.php

JayPea, I'll ask hubby later if he can dig up the recipe and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frangipani View Post
    I put about 6 of them (they are the size of coins) in the food processor and then it goes into the filling. They are Italian macaroons with their main ingredient being almond.
    how freakin' creative is that? i'm impressed. i bet they're tasty as all hell.

becka that "what the fuck" website is funny. I'm gonna sit & surf that for the next oh, hour.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JayPea View Post
    Jalapenos! I make jalapeno relish, but I'll be damned if I could give you the recipe. I just chop chop chop, add some vinegar, add some salt, cilantro, lime, and whatever else I'm in the mood for. Then I enjoy it all by myself because no one else will touch it (except my Dad, but it's not hot enough for him).
    I love any kind of hot pepper. I make chillies with Scotch Bonnet peppers which have a real kick and good flavour. I also love hot sauces especially good old fashioned Tobasco. Lots of great products here.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    I love any kind of hot pepper. I make chillies with Scotch Bonnet peppers which have a real kick and good flavour. I also love hot sauces especially good old fashioned Tobasco. Lots of great products here.
    I find Scotch Bonnets a bit too hot for me still just to use in cooking, but I'm still fairly new to being a chillihead so I feel like I'm sort of working my way up to hotter and hotter varieties. For next year I think I'll try growing some Scotch Bonnets or habaneros but this year I have jalapenos, Hungarian Hot Wax and Red Cherry growing on my window sills.

As for Tabasco and other hot sauces I find that they work really well to give an extra kick in a lot of dishes. I tend to use normal tabasco, jalapeno tabasco or habanero tabasco depending on the sweetness and heat that I want. I've got about 10 different kinds of hot sauces in my fridge and use all of them on a regular basis in my cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by beKa View Post
    how freakin' creative is that? i'm impressed. i bet they're tasty as all hell.

Well dont give me any credit for that idea. I got it from little old italian ladies who's daughters gave away their ravioli 'secret ingredient' online.

I won't tell!

I'm on my way to Newport in a few weeks. Been there before, but does anyone have any recommendations on restaurants in the area?

Also, while i was restaurant hunting, i came across these two gems, one in New York (close to me), one in Sweden (not so close). They both look dynamite:

http://gyldenefreden.se/dgf_se/english.html

http://www.ilbuco.com/

Somebody just sent me a link to this article. The same person that bought me a bbq for my birthday of course. I'll start at #1, and you...

101 Fast Recipes for Grilling

Hot damn ^ I want to eat all of it.

is going to attempt #38 tonight for dinner. nom

Hot damn. I'm bookmarking that site. I never thought of making grilled salads. and #20 looks soo good.

20. Grill pineapple (or anything, really, from pork to tofu to eggplant). Make a sauce of half-cup peanut butter, a tablespoon (or more) soy sauce, a dash (or more) sriracha chili sauce, a handful of basil or mint and enough warm water to thin. (I’m tempted to say, “Throw away the pineapple and eat the sauce,” but the combination is sensational.)

78. Asian burger: Grind pork, combine with grated daikon and a little soy sauce. Brush with hoisin or miso and top with sliced-and-salted cucumbers.

94. An idea whose time will come in September: Halve and grill pears or apples. When they’re done, drizzle with yogurt, honey and a pinch of cardamom.

drooooooooooooooool