Thread: Lady Gaga's Sound of Music tribute at the 2015 Oscars

Lady Gaga's Sound of Music tribute at the 2015 Oscars

What a fucking moment for her!

http://www.sift-thru.com/sift-thru/2...sound-of-music

With this, the Stevie Wonder and Sting tributes, her engagement - there is finally some good will and signs that she's in a good place mentally. I hope all of the drama of the ARTPOP era is behind her, and she can focus on making some great pop worthy of her talent.

She's still got it, and it feels good to root for her again

She was absolutely amazing and I couldn't be more proud of her.

Why that girl didn't go straight to Broadway is beyond me.

Incredible. RIP me, etc.

Ha! I love the red dot I got for this post - "Cool plug bro." I know who it was. Predictable.

Didn't have to plug anything. She's pretty much what everyone's talking about today without any fans having to do the work.
    Last edited by Jake; 02-24-2015 at 02:36 AM.

Phenomenal.

I love how overwhelmed she seems by the end of it. You can tell that it meant a lot to her to get to perform that!

Everyone at the party I was at was like "wtf??" It was really great.

I've been a major Gaga fan from the beginning but it was during the Artpop era that she was turning me off a lot. The whole project was a mess (even though the album is very good). The imagery was schizophrenic and her personality became insufferable. I was a fan of her music but I was no longer a Gaga fan. It all just devolved into crap. But with the Cheek to Cheek album, performances and tour, she really turned it around imo. Everything about that era was just so on point and charming. Her talent just shined through. It was magical in a way. I feel like this Sound of Music tribute is an extension of all that. Her voice just fucking slayed. I really hope she keeps up this upward momentum for the next record/era. I hope she's learning how to be artistic/creative without always talking about how artistic/creative she is. How to be unique without being up your own ass, like the way Bjork has been able to be all this time: incredibly avant garde while being incredibly down-to-earth.

This shit is good!

The performance was SO AMAZING. I think she's probably had some vocal training/coaching but she's really a raw, natural talent. Kudos to her.

Beulah Land, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I've watched this 10 times and I'm going to watch it at least 10 more before I sleep.

That performance was amazing!

This tweet from Patton Oswalt is telling.
    Um...@ladygaga is

Completely

Unarguably

Nailing it.

Sorry. I know I supposed to be snarky, But that's what's happening #Oscars
    I think a lot of people wrote her off and/or just got tired of her act that no one could see this performance coming. It was nice to see people praising her for once than bashing her for her antics.

It seems like she's in such a great place emotionally right now, and I hope that keeps going for her. I think Tony Bennett has been such a great influence on her, and she probably enjoys his company. It must be nice to have such a legend in the industry on your side, and I'm sure he's given her a lot of great advice. Plus, with her engagement, etc. I'm excited to see how all of this influences her next pop album.

That performance was lacking of everything I dislike about her. She was so down to earth, real and well, simply incredible. Undeniably a major success for her in so many ways. I think this one moment could be all she needs to erase the mess that was ARTPOP and have the public see her in a new light again....a much more flattering one.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down