Thread: Gaga to Star in American Horror Story: Season 5 (Hotel)

Gaga to Star in American Horror Story: Season 5 (Hotel)

Now, if only they can get Gaga and Tori to duet on a darker version of Hotel for the opening credits! Imagine them singing over a creepy industrial version of the theme. ;-)

So skeptical about this. The last two seasons have been complete shit, and I am worried about her name being attached to another lackluster season.

I think the only hope is that if Ryan Murphy is showrunning American Crime Story, the leadership of AHS will pass to someone with a little more narrative acumen. Coven was dire. Freak Show was promising, and then got even MORE dire than Coven was.

(Was he actually even showrunning AHS these last few seasons, or ever? I don't even know).
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

At this point in the show's trajectory, I would definitely say that she's a GAIN for the show instead of the other way around. The quality of the writing has slid so beyond awful, each season being worse. If nothing else, I'll definitely tune in to see how she's used.

I'm not a fan of this show, but I will definitely be watching this season. From what I've seen the show is very campy which makes me think Gaga is the perfect person to star. It will surely be ridiculous and entertaining.

Too bad she's joining now cause that show is dead to me.

Cynical aside: ten bucks says that the premiere in October coincides with the release of a new single or album from her.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Cynical aside: ten bucks says that the premiere in October coincides with the release of a new single or album from her.
    That, but it's also such an obvious ploy by AHS to try and regain viewers they lost after two shitty seasons, and also the fact that Jessica Lange is gone. They needed a "wow moment" to draw people in, and who is more polarizing than Lady Gaga?

Their plan is working. Gay teen Tumblr is freaking the fuck out. I keep seeing it all over there, and Vine.

If only they put as much effort into the writing/plot as they do promotion/marketing.