Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrities that need to fade into obscurity this year!

I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Romney, Palin, McCain or any other has-been, failed-Presidential-attempt moron who somehow still pops up constantly in the media to criticize Obama...

Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum. Cruz already has the nutbucket theocrat vote sewn up.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Possibly controversial pick: Neil Patrick Harris. There's something I find very smug about him, and I thought he bombed on the Oscars this year. His whole schtick is tired.
    God yes. Add to that list Ellen Degeneres (I think she's the dullest comedian EVER) and Wendy Williams. Whoopi Goldberg ajsdjsjajnszkdka

Mattie from way back. cnchocula's Avatar
    How has nobody suggested James Franco yet?

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I can't wait until the James Franco version of The Sound and the Fury hits Netflix. I'm going to down a whole thing of amaretto and hatewatch it so hard. His adaptation of As I Lay Dying was a miserable disaster of a film that managed to lift most of the dialogue straight from the book and yet STILL miss the point of it all. Humorless, pretentious, dull crap from an amazing book.

Oh and he's a creep too I guess.

Aw, I like Ellen.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Possibly controversial pick: Neil Patrick Harris. There's something I find very smug about him, and I thought he bombed on the Oscars this year. His whole schtick is tired.
    Thank you thank you THANK YOU. I have yet to figure out the adoration for this guy on any level - he comes off as bitchy, self-satisfied and full of himself, plus - what has he ever done that justifies the amount of hype surrounding him? He's a one-note actor, an adequate but unremarkable singer and a shaky-at-best comedian. I really don't get the appeal. At all.

Why do you hate the gays?

I like him OK. He can be pretty grating and self-importand. He was creepy and good in Gone Girl, I thought.

Barack Hussein Obama

Chuck Norris, who recently endorsed Netanyahu for re-election in Israel. Despite not being Israeli... Or even Jewish for that matter.

What a self-important, egotistical twat.

Yeah, I can't really get behind perfectly inoffensive and openly gay celebrities like NPH and Ellen needing to go away when people like Sarah Palin are still around.

Yeah, my list of celebs who need to go away is pretty much all politicians. Or people related to politics in some way (pundits, gadflies, grifters, Trump).

Barack Hussein Obama

A more comprehensive list, beyond the (odious) NPH:

• Kanye West
    • Azaelia Banks
    • Jared Padalecki
    • Ted Nugent
    • William Shatner
    • Bill Maher
    • Clint Eastwood
    • Mark Wahlberg

I've excluded politicians because I wouldn't categorise them as "celebrities" per se; they are people who bring about actual changes (good and bad) and belong in a different spectrum IMO.
    Last edited by Alpha Neutral; 06-08-2017 at 03:25 PM.

^ Mostly agree, except I don't know who Azaelia Banks is and I have absolutely nothing against Jared Padalecki or William Shatner. I suppose I'm not terribly bothered by the action stars either, though Chuck Norris is certainly an odious individual owing to his right-wing politics.

I would argue that politicians are most definitely celebrities. Of course, that's just a subjective definition. I think it's just that I can more easily ignore entertainers that are annoying for whatever reason. I mean, yeah, Bieber is obnoxious, but I mostly just don't pay attention to him. Politics seems to be more hardwired into me. I'm trying to work on that, believe me.

Here's one entertainer who needs to disappear: Cosby. He needs to shut himself up in his fucking mansion and never say anything public ever, ever again. And then, we can try to scour our culture to remove any trace of him.

Barack Hussein Obama

One more to add: Miley Cyrus.

It's not that I'm particularly scandalized by her sexual performances or anything either. I'm just tired of the whole tedious, boring schtick: pretty tween of limited talent becomes famous on some cheesy Disney show, then skanks herself up as much as possible as she enters adulthood in order to hang on to fame just a little bit longer. Usually they're psychologically damaged in some way, seemingly unable to exist without everyone leering at them. Regardless, it's irritating.