Thread: .torrent files help!! please!!

my log has something to tell you NightHunter's Avatar

.torrent files help!! please!!

I'm having a difficult time figuring our to convert .torrent files to mp3 files. I've downloaded a few converter softwares but I can't figure out how to use them. I am completely lost!! could some kind soul please help me?? thank you.....

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    .torrent files are just files that point a bittorent client somewhere to download data. They don't actually contain any other information. There's no audio data to convert. You'd have to open the torrent file in a bittorent client and let the client download the file from there.

thanks for the info. i have utorrent... and that will play the file(s) but i do i download it so i can play it using other players/software?

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    That's not what a torrent file is. Think of it more like locater that you run using a special piece of software that locates copies of the actual file that you want to download.

So, it's not like a zip file or an audio file you can convert, or anything like that. It's just a little file that goes and finds the files you need across all the various other connections using that same torrent file as a connection point.

Read up on how to use torrents: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Torrents

Please note, that Unforumzed recommends you use them for legal purposes as opposed to illegal ones.

thanks for the info. i have utorrent... and that will play the file(s)... is there any such thing as taking the file and playing it with say... itunes instead of the bittorrent client?

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    When its done downloading (at least on my mac) there is a little magnifying glass icon next to the file listing in utorrent. If you click on it, it should reveal where the file is on your computer. Then open that file w/ itunes.

ok thanks