Thread: .torrent files help!! please!!

my log has something to tell you NightHunter's Avatar

.torrent files help!! please!!

I'm having a difficult time figuring our to convert .torrent files to mp3 files. I've downloaded a few converter softwares but I can't figure out how to use them. I am completely lost!! could some kind soul please help me?? thank you.....
    when she twinkles

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    .torrent files are just files that point a bittorent client somewhere to download data. They don't actually contain any other information. There's no audio data to convert. You'd have to open the torrent file in a bittorent client and let the client download the file from there.

thanks for the info. i have utorrent... and that will play the file(s) but i do i download it so i can play it using other players/software?
    when she twinkles

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    That's not what a torrent file is. Think of it more like locater that you run using a special piece of software that locates copies of the actual file that you want to download.

So, it's not like a zip file or an audio file you can convert, or anything like that. It's just a little file that goes and finds the files you need across all the various other connections using that same torrent file as a connection point.

Read up on how to use torrents: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Torrents

Please note, that Unforumzed recommends you use them for legal purposes as opposed to illegal ones.

thanks for the info. i have utorrent... and that will play the file(s)... is there any such thing as taking the file and playing it with say... itunes instead of the bittorrent client?
    when she twinkles

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    When its done downloading (at least on my mac) there is a little magnifying glass icon next to the file listing in utorrent. If you click on it, it should reveal where the file is on your computer. Then open that file w/ itunes.

ok thanks
    when she twinkles