Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Bergen, Norway 13/06/2015

Sorry, i`m just not seeing the praise! to me, the only thing that saves her from sounding completely tone deaf is the echo effect. i wish i didn`t agree, but after seeing her live in barcelona, then watching these videos, i think she should`ve taken 2015 off.

I don't think she sounded that great in any of the Barcelona videos, but I can't judge since I wasn't there. If you were there and say she sounded that way, I'd believe it. That said, I think some of these other videos sound great. I like that ICSNY and Roosterspur, anyways.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Yeah even Barcelona sounded good to me...she had a few moments that were meh - but overall these have been some of her best vocal performances in I don't even know when. Especially that most recent version of Siren. The shows I saw in NYC last year were unbelievably good vocally.

Yeah, some of these are so good that had I not known they were from 2015, I wouldn't be able to tell. Sorry the barcelona show was a bust for a lot of people, and obviously these audience recorded videos aren't going to have top notch sound, but the majority of these songs sound just as good as any 2001 show.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    For realz! Although 96 has Live from New York which was fairly representative of the DDI tour.
    yes how exciting I can play that on my VHS recorder. Wait no I can't because it's probably in PAL Format and also I don't have a VHS recorder...
    she should rerelease this (and other things) on DVD like she did with the Montreux Festival. This could actually be a nice bonus when she does the remaster of Boys for Pele

Judging from the Primavera Sound videos I've seen, the sound wasn't great at that show (or at least the recordings), so it's kind of hard for those of us who weren't there to judge the actual vocal performances.

I was thinking that Tori's vocal abilities seem often overlooked or overshadowed by her piano playing skills. I mean, it must be incredibly hard to sing challenging songs, with no back-up, night after night after night, while playing a couple of pianos at the same time, almost 25 years after your big break. It must be even harder when so many of your fans have listened to countless bootlegs and know all the best versions of each song and want you to deliver the same thing, even though it may have been a one-off for you.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Yeah, it must be really hard. And every performer has bad nights. That performance of The Waitress from Primavera sounded great to my ears, but maybe shit sound. I don't know. I'm just seeing her consistently deliver these days.

I don't know about Barcelona, but in Finland she sounded amazing. I brought my mom (it's become our thing, third show she's been to) and the vocals was the first thing she mentioned after the show.

I think her vocals in Barcelona were good, overall. Definitely nowhere near the nasally, babyvoice depths of the Fori era. The sound was fine too, at least close to the stage where there wasn't a lot of interference from other stages and the piano didn't sound MIDI-tinny or whatever. It was those shitty arrangements and loops where she lost the plot, IMO. She went from time-has-stopped thrilling to what-should-i-eat-after-this boring in approximately the time it took to switch from Bose to Yamaha.

In my opinion, this stupid synth ruins everything. I d pay €1.000 for a ticket to a concert where she only played piano.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be great if she could tour with a dj such as Leila Arab? (a girl can dream ) She was amazing onstage with Bjork. It would be soooo much better than the cheap loops.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

Why not just come out and stiffly groove to the PW remix if that's what you think will please the crowd?

*Suddenly remembered she did an entire tour where PW remix played every night while she did a costume change into "Tori"...

I did notice during the performance of Oysters from Denmark she pointed at the synth rather obviously during the "Not every girl is popular" part.