Thread: Transferring music from iPhone to iTunes

Transferring music from iPhone to iTunes

Hi ... I just got a new laptop and thought I had all of my music backed up on my external hard drive. I foolishly wiped my old laptop clean and returned it to factory settings.

Turns out I did not have all of my music on my hard drive. Now that it is hooked up to the new Macbook Air, I see that many songs from this past year (mostly digital downloads that came from vinyl albums) are missing. Those songs are all still on my iPhone. They were NOT iTunes purchases ... so the Cloud will not be of any use.

I was wondering if there was any way to transfer music from your iPhone to iTunes? I do still listen to music a lot on my iPhone and do not want to have to re-purchase anything.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    That can be tricky, I don't have an iPhone, but I tried this with an iPod once. It took me a 3rd party app to get the job done, but that was years back.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    yeah do some googling, there are definitely applications/free software that can do this for you. i don't know of a good one off the top of my head.