Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Janet Jackson

Yes! She really sells it. And I like Daddy Yankee on the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post

Ah, she’s amazing!!! And she still moves so well... it’s like Control came out yesterday!

I like it, but marketing-wise it feels like it's been released a few weeks to late? It has a very summer-hit vibe with that reggaeton-like beat and rap bit.
    But she looks happy, there's much joy in here and I love how colorful the video is.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    I like it, but marketing-wise it feels like it's been released a few weeks to late? It has a very summer-hit vibe with that reggaeton-like beat and rap bit.
    But she looks happy, there's much joy in here and I love how colorful the video is.
    It's made for NOW, not three weeks ago. 😁
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to John's Face again.

At first I wasn't really into the song and I never like it when an artists uses a rent-a-rapper. But the song has really grown on me and I listen to it a lot. It has also made its way onto our office playlist and gets played at least twice a day, without me having anything to do with it!

She's already done more promotion than with the whole Unbreakable album. So that's good I'm kind of on a Janet high lately, because I've been transferring my old VHS tapes to DVD (and uploading to a cloud service so I won't lose them). This weekend I found a performance of When I Think Of You on a Spanish TV show that I didn't even remember having. So that's awesome

I really like the song. Daddy Yankee is a bit annoying, but grew on me a lot. Love the massive promo and hype this seems to be getting, at least compared to her comeback era which was quite low-key. The video is great too.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Interesting article about how Les Moonves allegedly tried to derail her career after her Super Bowl performance:

https://ew.com/music/2018/09/07/les-...ackson-career/

Janet is one of the nominees for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for 2019:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-2019-nominees

The other nominees are: Def Leppard, Devo, John Prine, Kraftwerk, LL Cool J, MC5, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Roxy Music, Stevie Nicks, the Cure, Todd Rundgren, Rufus & Chaka Kahn and the Zombies.

I hope she gets in!

^Yes!!

It's about time.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    This is actually her third time being nominated, but maybe 3rd time is the charm lol