Thread: Making an A1 poster (from four A3 pieces?)

Making an A1 poster (from four A3 pieces?)

Hello unforumzers!

I have a question, that I think relates mostly to the tech field. I need to make an A1 poster, and what my supervisor intends me to do is to make a big poster, then print out four A3 pieces, and then piece the printouts together. I thought I'd do it in MS Publisher but it was... not very effective...

A friend recommended that I do it in PhotoShop, but I have little to no experience. It would be my last resort if I can't think of anything else. I was also told that maybe I could do it with MS Powerpoint, and I'm currently toying with it, but I can't seem to find a way to put four A4-sized posters together.

Any help or hint or whatever (Google is not being very helpful...) will be appreciated!
    Twitter/Instagram
    @awbglenn

This is why there are graphic designers...
    Yes, you'd need at least Photoshop or better yet InDesign. Making 4 pieces is not convenient, especially since most A3 printers still have a white margin at the edges of the paper so you'd get a white cross across your poster (plus tape, ugh)
    Powerpoint is not an option. It's like mowing the lawn with a hammer; wrong tool for the trade.
    Contact a copyshop or get a proper graphic designer.
    post28!

Actually, in the end, PowerPoint did the trick. I consulted with my professor/tutor, because I just got desperate, and she showed me this link, and presto, it was done. This isn't the silliest thing yet though, apparently, this Wednesday we have a "poster day" and I'm supposed to stand next to my poster for an hour and wait in case someone comes and asks me a question. (This is all for a research internship)

Thanks though!
    Twitter/Instagram
    @awbglenn

Now you can tackle that lawn