Thread: Making an A1 poster (from four A3 pieces?)

Making an A1 poster (from four A3 pieces?)

Hello unforumzers!

I have a question, that I think relates mostly to the tech field. I need to make an A1 poster, and what my supervisor intends me to do is to make a big poster, then print out four A3 pieces, and then piece the printouts together. I thought I'd do it in MS Publisher but it was... not very effective...

A friend recommended that I do it in PhotoShop, but I have little to no experience. It would be my last resort if I can't think of anything else. I was also told that maybe I could do it with MS Powerpoint, and I'm currently toying with it, but I can't seem to find a way to put four A4-sized posters together.

Any help or hint or whatever (Google is not being very helpful...) will be appreciated!
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

This is why there are graphic designers...
    Yes, you'd need at least Photoshop or better yet InDesign. Making 4 pieces is not convenient, especially since most A3 printers still have a white margin at the edges of the paper so you'd get a white cross across your poster (plus tape, ugh)
    Powerpoint is not an option. It's like mowing the lawn with a hammer; wrong tool for the trade.
    Contact a copyshop or get a proper graphic designer.
    post28!

Actually, in the end, PowerPoint did the trick. I consulted with my professor/tutor, because I just got desperate, and she showed me this link, and presto, it was done. This isn't the silliest thing yet though, apparently, this Wednesday we have a "poster day" and I'm supposed to stand next to my poster for an hour and wait in case someone comes and asks me a question. (This is all for a research internship)

Thanks though!
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

Now you can tackle that lawn