Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Teaches of Peaches

The Teaches of Peaches

I was looking around and couldn't find a thread for Peaches. That seemed odd to me. Anyway, she's releasing a new album called 'Rub' on September 25 and along with the announcement she released this video:

So yeah. Here's the tracklist for Rub:
    1. “Close Up” feat. Kim Gordon
    2. “Rub”
    3. “Dick in the Air”
    4. “Pickles”
    5. “Sick in the Head”
    6. “Free Drink Ticket”
    7. “How You Like My Cut”
    8. “Vaginoplasty” feat. Simonne Jones
    9. “Light in Places”
    10. “Dumb Fuck”
    11. “I Mean Something” feat. Feist

I Feel Cream is an amazing album, so I couldn't be more excited for new, fresh Peaches. I'm hoping we get a bunch of cool videos again. So far, she's off to a great start!

^Thanks for posting that. Really like that first track, "Light in Places".

Looking forward to the Feist collab!!!

...is that an anal lazer? That's an anal lazer.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    ...is that an anal lazer? That's an anal lazer.
    o_0
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

The first track with Kim Gordon really intrigue me !
    Another release I'll be waiting

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Probably the first and last time I'll ever see "laser butt plug" in the credits for anything.

I have a pair of tickets to the Pontiac, MI show but no idea who I'm taking with me. No one else I know is really into her, sadly. I'm still obsessed with the Impeach My Bush album and can't wait for new songs!

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm still obsessed with the Impeach My Bush album and can't wait for new songs!
    I LOVE Impeach My Bush !!

I love the new album. And I love HER because the press release says something like "I finally wrote lyrics again that I was excited about" and then there's a song that's like "A dick and two balls, balls balls dick"... Going to try and interview her.

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    I love the new album. And I love HER because the press release says something like "I finally wrote lyrics again that I was excited about" and then there's a song that's like "A dick and two balls, balls balls dick"... Going to try and interview her.
    Glad to hear you liked it. Would you say this new album is most similar to Impeach My Bush/Fatherfucker or I Feel Cream?

This is the interview in which it was revealed she worked with Nick Zinner, but then chose to ditch guitars on the album. I'm not a fan of Bodyline.

I'm not that familiar with her other work except for The Teaches of Peaches, though I do know bits of I Feel Cream.

Press release:
    Last edited by dollsbitches; 07-27-2015 at 10:56 AM.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    I cannot wait for the new album! Sounds like it's going to be great. I really hope she tours again and she comes close to me. One of the best shows i've ever been to. I wasn't aware that Peaches Does Herself was released on DVD. I didn't know much about it, but I watched the trailer and I think I need to order ASAP.

Light in Places has already become one of my summer jamz.

The interview is supposed to happen on Monday or Tuesday morning, so if you have any suggestions for questions, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    The interview is supposed to happen on Monday or Tuesday morning, so if you have any suggestions for questions, let me know
    I couldn't think of much that she hasn't answered before. Plus I haven't heard the new album. Still, I guess I'd ask something like:

1. Your first releases as Peaches surfaced in 2000, but your first album was released in 1995 under your own name. Around the time of Fancepants Hoodlum, what were you experiencing that made you want to center your art as Peaches around the theme of sexuality? How did that idea come to be?
    2. Very few female musicians have expressed their sexuality as overtly as you have. Recently, some of your peers have been criticized for their sexual displays in part because some people feel they are "too old". As your career progresses, have you felt a growing need to address misogyny and ageism through your art?
    3. Sexually, America is still considered a pretty conservative continent when compared to some of the countries in Europe such as Germany. While living in Berlin, have you seen any sex toys or sexual contraptions that you haven't in America? How are the sex shops there different from the ones in America? (I know this isn't about her art, but I'm curious about her response)

I'm going to use the "English isn't my first language" card to excuse the clumsy way in which my questions are written.

New song and video. This time it's the collaboration with Kim Gordon: Close Up.

I love Kim Gordon in that video and I love Peaches' cute facial expressions. It's funny and fun!