Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: The Teaches of Peaches

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    580
    the girl with the blue ponytails who kisses Peaches looks a bit like Linda (Ruth Jones) from Nighty Night

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    I couldn't think of much that she hasn't answered before. Plus I haven't heard the new album. Still, I guess I'd ask something like:

    1. Your first releases as Peaches surfaced in 2000, but your first album was released in 1995 under your own name. Around the time of Fancepants Hoodlum, what were you experiencing that made you want to center your art as Peaches around the theme of sexuality? How did that idea come to be?
    2. Very few female musicians have expressed their sexuality as overtly as you have. Recently, some of your peers have been criticized for their sexual displays in part because some people feel they are "too old". As your career progresses, have you felt a growing need to address misogyny and ageism through your art?
    3. Sexually, America is still considered a pretty conservative continent when compared to some of the countries in Europe such as Germany. While living in Berlin, have you seen any sex toys or sexual contraptions that you haven't in America? How are the sex shops there different from the ones in America? (I know this isn't about her art, but I'm curious about her response)

    I'm going to use the "English isn't my first language" card to excuse the clumsy way in which my questions are written.
    The interview took a while to set up, but it finally happened last night. She was super nice, started by singing the title of my magazine (Gay&Niiiiiiight!) and she was just very friendly. I told her I've been listening to her album on my bike while riding through Amsterdam, and that I was laughing so much because the lyrics are really funny and clever. She liked that. Then she asked me which lyrics and we discussed them. Apparently one of them was a pretty blunt Donna Summer reference I didn't get. She even very briefly imitated Drew Droege imitating Chloe Sevigny. It was great.

    And I got to ask ALL your questions, so thanks for those! When I've transcribed the interview I'll PM the answers to you right away. And of course I'll share a link to the interview once it has been published

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    The interview took a while to set up, but it finally happened last night. She was super nice, started by singing the title of my magazine (Gay&Niiiiiiight!) and she was just very friendly. I told her I've been listening to her album on my bike while riding through Amsterdam, and that I was laughing so much because the lyrics are really funny and clever. She liked that. Then she asked me which lyrics and we discussed them. Apparently one of them was a pretty blunt Donna Summer reference I didn't get. She even very briefly imitated Drew Droege imitating Chloe Sevigny. It was great.

    And I got to ask ALL your questions, so thanks for those! When I've transcribed the interview I'll PM the answers to you right away. And of course I'll share a link to the interview once it has been published
    I'm really happy to hear that Peaches was so nice and very excited about reading the entire interview! Peaches is just the coolest. Rub can't come soon enough. And those Chloe Sevigny parodies are gold. I'm not too familiar with her, so I don't know if they're based on as much reality as something like the Madonnalogues, but I sometimes find myself going like Drew Droege and saying stuff like "the return of the persimmon".

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    I'm really happy to hear that Peaches was so nice and very excited about reading the entire interview! Peaches is just the coolest. Rub can't come soon enough. And those Chloe Sevigny parodies are gold. I'm not too familiar with her, so I don't know if they're based on as much reality as something like the Madonnalogues, but I sometimes find myself going like Drew Droege and saying stuff like "the return of the persimmon".
    Yeah Chloe doesn't talk like that. There's some video on YouTube where she watches one of Drew's videos and, well... Just watch it (FWD to 2:05):

  5. #20
    sing to the moon dAmION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA area.
    Posts
    4,770
    Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Drew Droege
    Who's that? Awesome about the interview.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    Who's that? Awesome about the interview.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,455
    I'm transcribing the interview right now. There's a long bit that's completely unusable, where I tell her how her lyrics make me laugh out loud and she asks me which ones. Cut to me just rambling and not letting her get a word in. I usually want to pull my hair out when I'm transcribing these things because I talk way too much.

    Anyway, here's an audio snippet, enjoy.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd8rg6daj0...rview.mp3?dl=0

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    I'm transcribing the interview right now. There's a long bit that's completely unusable, where I tell her how her lyrics make me laugh out loud and she asks me which ones. Cut to me just rambling and not letting her get a word in. I usually want to pull my hair out when I'm transcribing these things because I talk way too much.

    Anyway, here's an audio snippet, enjoy.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd8rg6daj0...rview.mp3?dl=0
    That is ADORABLE!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I get why such a bit would not be ideal for an interview that's meant to be published on text... but... I just thought that was pure gold. It seemed like she appreciated that you had truly heard and enjoyed the album instead of just a couple of the songs that might be singles. And those lyrics do indeed sound funny! I can't wait to hear them put to music.

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    That is ADORABLE!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I get why such a bit would not be ideal for an interview that's meant to be published on text... but... I just thought that was pure gold. It seemed like she appreciated that you had truly heard and enjoyed the album instead of just a couple of the songs that might be singles. And those lyrics do indeed sound funny! I can't wait to hear them put to music.
    Thanks for your kind words

    Have you seen 'Peaches Does Herself'? I downloaded it a few weeks ago and watched it to prepare for the interview. I was really impressed with her singing voice. Songs like 'Lose You', 'I Feel Cream' and 'Talk To Me' really showcase that she's actually a good singer. I'm thinking of ripping the audio and putting those songs in my iTunes because they're quite good (and the strings on 'I Feel Cream' are a nice addition).

  10. #25
    ^^ Sadly, I have not. For the longest time I was going nuts because Peaches Does Herself hadn't been announced for a DVD or Blu-ray release. Then, when it was released, I somehow missed the announcement. I have been thinking about buying the 3-disc set, but I think I'll do it after her upcoming tour is done. My hope is that I'll be able to fly to the US to see her live.

  11. #26
    burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,641
    Peaches put on one of the best shows i've ever been to. The energy is immense and she just goes so hard.. it's incredible. I got to hold on to her leg for a bit when she stagedived, that was cool. I really wish she'd come back to Phoenix. I would love to see her again, one of my favorite artists.

    Cannot wait for Rub!

  12. #27
    Video for "Dick In the Air" featuring Margaret Cho.


  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,455
    My interview with Peaches has been published online I hope you guys like it!

    http://www.issuu.com/gaynightmagazine/docs/gn211nl/12

  14. #29
    Very good interview. I'm obsessed with non-album material so I was very happy that you got to ask her about songs that didn't make the album. The part about Free Drink Ticket reminded me of a song called Heartbreak to Hate by Angelfish. I have a feeling that will be one of my favorite songs.
    Last edited by VampireTampon; 09-17-2015 at 02:50 PM.

  15. #30
    The album is streaming on this website, but only to people in Canada. There's also a review accompanying the stream.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •