Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Luhmühlen, Germany 08/08/2015 [Final 2015 summer show]

I don't agree. When she's on right now her vocals are pretty amazing. Of course she doesn't sound like she did in say the early 90's, that's 20 years and 1000 shows ago. But to me they're pretty close to say '01, and probably better than a lot of band shows in 98-99.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I don't agree. When she's on right now her vocals are pretty amazing. Of course she doesn't sound like she did in say the early 90's, that's 20 years and 1000 shows ago. But to me they're pretty close to say '01, and probably better than a lot of band shows in 98-99.
    Agreed!!

Senior Member Circlesandcircles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by datura1452 View Post
    Tori´s vocal are much better now that they were in 2009, the most awful year for her voice of her career. But even now her voice being better, it´s pretty far from what it was in the 90´s and early 00´s.
    I agree, although her voice is pretty strong now and she she can growl quite forcefully when she wants to, I think her voice lost a certain warmth that made it so special and unique. Maybe she also uses more voice-effects nowadays, I don't know, but the timbre of her voice has changed (in my ears )
    Still I'm glad she's still performing and doing great at almost 52!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I think her voice sounds great now. But there was a kind of effortlessness to her voice 1992-2001 thats missing. I'm not complaining at all though. These things happen with age.

I do think her crazy tour vocals from 1996-1999 really did a lot of harm to her voice.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Effortlessness is a really good way to put it! It's much easier when you are younger, and all voices change with age. I think she's done a lot of work and if I had to guess I would say she hired a vocal coach in recent times. Her control and dynamics are really powerful these days, and I think that required some re-training.

Yeah, it's not as effortless, but like you all say, anything else would probably be very surprising. In the show I saw in Helsinki earlier this summer, her voice clearly needed a few songs to warm up completely. It sounded good from the start, but by say the third song the hesitation (for lack of a better word) before high notes were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Circlesandcircles View Post
    I think her voice lost a certain warmth that made it so special and unique. Maybe she also uses more voice-effects nowadays, I don't know, but the timbre of her voice has changed (in my ears )
    That reminds me of this musical singer here in Sweden. She has said in interviews that when she got this lead role in a really successful musical as her first professional job at like 25, she had this bell-like quality to her voice. It's very distinct in the cast recording. After doing 500 shows over the next 5 years, she lost some of that quality, but gained strength and control instead.