Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Luhmühlen, Germany 08/08/2015 [Final 2015 summer show]

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    eeee Do It Again sounds great!!

Even her talking voice sounds a little off just before Tiny Dancer. Great setlist though.

Y'all this is a great performance. Shades o' 90's T in here. Doesn't sound vocally perfect but she is selling it and giving no fucks. That's my girl!

She sees that shes shaky and powers through it. Love the end of Crucify. Really aggressive!

Edit: Yaas Do it Again
    Last edited by remote91; 08-09-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Tori Amos - Tiny Dancer @ Luhmühlen, Germany August 8 2015

I've always loved this song!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Y'all this is a great performance. Shades o' 90's T in here. Doesn't sound vocally perfect but she is selling it and giving no fucks. That's my girl!
    While she didn't have any vocal problems in Stockholm, and the set list was strange, this is how I felt. Real Men, Teen Spirit, Silent all felt very 90's Tori.

Here's my review, excuse my lack of eloquence:

Her good energy from last year remains. She looked stunning.
    I agree that her vocals weren't the best here and there, but still pretty good. I mean, she sounds amazing lately - even on off days. But there were also issues with the sound, her singing and speaking voice sounded a little bit distorted, she also pointed at the mic after she sang the first lines of Real Men. The most important part was that she was really into it.
    She was also really sweet – she said she will miss us and wants to put us in her pocket and then we can sing songs and roast marshmallows in her backyard. She made a lot of hugging gestures at the end and talked more than usual. I was standing rather close to the stage and the crowd loved her.

Even though I enjoyed all the covers minus Tiny Dancer, 5 covers (even if they are classics like Smells Like Teen Spirit) would be too much in a 20 song set, and they are definitely too much in a shorter festival setlist.

Real Men: I remember sitting in Frankfurt last year and being in complete shock that she's playing it. Her performance was great, but I think I liked last year's performance better (maybe because it came completely out of nowhere back then).
    Beauty of Speed: I like that song and the solo performances always bring out the best in it.
    Smells Like Teen Spirit: She was on fire. The crowd loved it.
    Crucify: She nails every performance of it since last year. You just feel that she stands behind everything she sings. The ending was everything.
    Tiny Dancer: I simply don't have a connection to this song, so it was the weak point for me – but not because of Tori's performance. A woman beside me even started crying
    Star Whisperer bridge/Mountain: The intro brought me close to tears, Mountain was fierce.
    Girl: She sings it a lot lately and once again A++ delivery
    Boys of Summer: Another flashback to Frankfurt for me. I didn't know what it was last year, but this was really a highlight. She got lost in it and so did I. (Take that as a cheesy compliment)
    A Sorta Fairytale: I was convinced she would play it, because A Summer's Tale sounds too familiar to let her pass that opportunity. After her fuck-up a superb performance and one of my highlights.
    Cruel / Sweet Sangria / Unrepentant Geraldines mashup: I don't hate it as much as others do, but I still don't get the point of throwing a couple of lines of random songs together. It is quite beautiful when she gets to the Sangria part.
    Amber Waves: It has grown on me a lot lately and her performance was great.
    Spark: Many people don't like it live, but she really nailed it.
    Do It Again: I loved it, loops and all. (But the loops never bothered me that much in the first place)
    Mr Zebra: Mr Zebra is always nice
    Tear in your Hand: I wanted to hear it and she got emotional in it with the goodbyes and all. I loved it.
    Cornflake Girl: It wasn't really an encore, because she played it right after TIYH. She had fun, the crowd had fun and I enjoyed it too.

Well, you see, I loved most of the individual performances and Tori delivered. But the setlist and the flow of it all felt very strange to me and she was so emotional during parts of this concert and when she said this will be her last concert for a long time etc. - I still don't really know what I should make of it. I definitely don't regret going to this gig. Maybe the last concerts of a tour are always like that, maybe because I never saw her in a festival setting before, but it felt weird...
    (I lack the words to describe it, but I will listen to the bootleg later and see if I can put a finger on it then)

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post

Tori Amos - Tiny Dancer @ Luhmühlen, Germany August 8 2015

I've always loved this song!

I can't imagine how glorious it must feel to just sit down and play a masterpiece like that. Talk about flicks of Kundalini.

i need size ten thousand for my ass snowgayngel's Avatar
    When was the other time she did Do It Again live?
    "i think lady gaga is immensely entertaining"

Quote Originally Posted by snowgayngel View Post
    Montreal 2005

Quote Originally Posted by snowgayngel View Post
    http://www.toriset.org/s.php?c=1114&t=0

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    I really didn't care for Do It Again..I sound like a broken record but WHY TORI WHY use that stupid keyboard sound and amateurish loop when you could have just been banging out on the piano and creating your own groove? It's 1000 times more dynamic and that's exactly what's always made her solo performances so special. I cringe thinking about what she'd probably do to something like Whole Lotta Love these days.

I think what makes the loop sound especially lame in this case is the fact that the drums on the studio version are so killer, as is the piano!

End of rant.

Dear people complaining about Tori's vocals,

Do we really need to sit down and have a conversation in which I remind you that 2009 actually happened and wasn't just a horrific collective nightmare?

Thank you.
    ~just an underwater thing~

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    Dear people complaining about Tori's vocals,

Do we really need to sit down and have a conversation in which I remind you that 2009 actually happened and wasn't just a horrific collective nightmare?

Thank you.
    omg. TRUE.

Tori´s vocal are much better now that they were in 2009, the most awful year for her voice of her career. But even now her voice being better, it´s pretty far from what it was in the 90´s and early 00´s.