Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Lokeren, Belgium 06/08/2015

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    That's a shame

Yeah, my friend and I were a little bummed. But LE was a good opener and sounded fine, as did Bliss and Take To The Sky with Datura bridge. And Running To Stand Still was beautiful. Those were definitely highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by betterthanfine View Post
    Great set... Maybe on paper. There were many boring moments, she completely fucked up Pandora lyrically (but kept going strong, which I admired), there were quite a lot of cringeworthy off-key moments (Fire On The Side being the main offender), the piano sound was tinny and boxy, and she NEEDS TO DITCH THOSE FUCKING KEYBOARDS. Also, it looked like she was having a bad day. Many songs lacked energy, and during In Your Room she looked lost and even went back to the piano to check if she was in the right key. After In Your Room she immediately ran off after a few quick bows. It remained dark for a little while, someone came on stage to fix her stool and check the keyboards, but then the lights went up and the show was over.

All in all one of the most disappointing Tori shows I've seen in my twelve years of fandom.
    I'm so sorry to read that this show wasn't your favorite. I actually thought she was really good last night and I enjoyed the entire performance! Too many highlights for me to even mention. The only downside was that she played a short version of 'Oysters' and she got a bit lost during 'In Your Room' (which was a weird closer). They soundchecked 'Wedding Day' in the afternoon which I think would have been the original closer, but there wasn't any time left. But other than that she was absolutely stunning as always.
    Last edited by Peeping Tommi; 08-07-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Glad to hear other people did enjoy it. How do you know she ran out of time? I thought she had over ten minutes left, if it's correct that there was 30 minutes between all the acts of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by betterthanfine View Post
    Glad to hear other people did enjoy it. How do you know she ran out of time? I thought she had over ten minutes left, if it's correct that there was 30 minutes between all the acts of the day.
    I don't know if it's true, but I've heard from some people that the sound was not that good at the right side of the stage, while at the left side, it was absolutely fine and the piano sounded wonderfully. Where were you standing?

'Cornflake Girl' was on the setlist as the closer, I've later learned. And she was supposed to come back to do that song as an encore (her team even came back on stage to fix her ear piece), but then some people from the venue made 'no' suggestions to her people. So it was out of her control - I'm quite sure she wanted to play one more song because 'In Your Room' wasn't a good closer at all.
    Last edited by Peeping Tommi; 09-02-2015 at 02:57 PM.