Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Lokeren, Belgium 06/08/2015

  1. #16
    Science Bitch Scottish Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,425
    3. Bliss
    4. BQ/Horses
    5. Girl
    6. Take to the Sky
    7. Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Unrepentant Geraldines
    8. Oysters
    9. Pandora's Aquarium
    10. Father Lucifer
    11. Fire on the Side
    12. Running to Stand Still
    13. Precious Things

  2. #17
    Science Bitch Scottish Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,425
    3. Bliss
    4. BQ/Horses
    5. Girl
    6. Take to the Sky
    7. Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Unrepentant Geraldines
    8. Oysters
    9. Pandora's Aquarium
    10. Father Lucifer
    11. Fire on the Side
    12. Running to Stand Still
    13. Precious Things
    14. In Your Room

  3. #18
    Science Bitch Scottish Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,425
    3. Bliss
    4. BQ/Horses
    5. Girl
    6. Take to the Sky
    7. Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Unrepentant Geraldines
    8. Oysters
    9. Pandora's Aquarium
    10. Father Lucifer
    11. Fire on the Side
    12. Running to Stand Still
    13. Precious Things
    14. In Your Room
    FIN

  4. #19
    Senior Member RedHerring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    350
    It puzzles me why on every single show where she is the main act (het own shows) she plays cornflake girl and not on a festivalwhere there are more likely to be less devoted fans who might like to hear CF. She doesn' t make it easy for festival audiences.

  5. #20
    By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Montepulciano, Italy
    Posts
    1,935
    Pandora
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

  6. #21
    I love this setlist.

  7. #22
    so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,041
    Running to Stand Still is one of my favorite covers of hers. What a great set!
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

  8. #23
    She did The Nobodies?! Wow!

  9. #24
    the unhappy worker waitressboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    3,476
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-i75Cz12I

    Well, that was an interesting reworking of the song...
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-i75Cz12I

    Well, that was an interesting reworking of the song...
    Thanks for posting. One of my favorite songs and artist combined and it doesn't work at all for me... Ah, too bad.
    Circles, circles, circles again.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    390
    Great set... Maybe on paper. There were many boring moments, she completely fucked up Pandora lyrically (but kept going strong, which I admired), there were quite a lot of cringeworthy off-key moments (Fire On The Side being the main offender), the piano sound was tinny and boxy, and she NEEDS TO DITCH THOSE FUCKING KEYBOARDS. Also, it looked like she was having a bad day. Many songs lacked energy, and during In Your Room she looked lost and even went back to the piano to check if she was in the right key. After In Your Room she immediately ran off after a few quick bows. It remained dark for a little while, someone came on stage to fix her stool and check the keyboards, but then the lights went up and the show was over.

    All in all one of the most disappointing Tori shows I've seen in my twelve years of fandom.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    390
    Yeah, my friend and I were a little bummed. But LE was a good opener and sounded fine, as did Bliss and Take To The Sky with Datura bridge. And Running To Stand Still was beautiful. Those were definitely highlights.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by betterthanfine View Post
    Great set... Maybe on paper. There were many boring moments, she completely fucked up Pandora lyrically (but kept going strong, which I admired), there were quite a lot of cringeworthy off-key moments (Fire On The Side being the main offender), the piano sound was tinny and boxy, and she NEEDS TO DITCH THOSE FUCKING KEYBOARDS. Also, it looked like she was having a bad day. Many songs lacked energy, and during In Your Room she looked lost and even went back to the piano to check if she was in the right key. After In Your Room she immediately ran off after a few quick bows. It remained dark for a little while, someone came on stage to fix her stool and check the keyboards, but then the lights went up and the show was over.

    All in all one of the most disappointing Tori shows I've seen in my twelve years of fandom.
    I'm so sorry to read that this show wasn't your favorite. I actually thought she was really good last night and I enjoyed the entire performance! Too many highlights for me to even mention. The only downside was that she played a short version of 'Oysters' and she got a bit lost during 'In Your Room' (which was a weird closer). They soundchecked 'Wedding Day' in the afternoon which I think would have been the original closer, but there wasn't any time left. But other than that she was absolutely stunning as always.
    Last edited by Peeping Tommi; 08-07-2015 at 10:42 PM.

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    390
    Glad to hear other people did enjoy it. How do you know she ran out of time? I thought she had over ten minutes left, if it's correct that there was 30 minutes between all the acts of the day.

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by betterthanfine View Post
    Glad to hear other people did enjoy it. How do you know she ran out of time? I thought she had over ten minutes left, if it's correct that there was 30 minutes between all the acts of the day.
    I don't know if it's true, but I've heard from some people that the sound was not that good at the right side of the stage, while at the left side, it was absolutely fine and the piano sounded wonderfully. Where were you standing?

    'Cornflake Girl' was on the setlist as the closer, I've later learned. And she was supposed to come back to do that song as an encore (her team even came back on stage to fix her ear piece), but then some people from the venue made 'no' suggestions to her people. So it was out of her control - I'm quite sure she wanted to play one more song because 'In Your Room' wasn't a good closer at all.
    Last edited by Peeping Tommi; 09-02-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •