Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Stockholm, Sweden 01/08/2015

4 covers in a festival set? Anyone would think she didn't have 13 albums worth of material to choose from.
    ~just an underwater thing~

Maybe she goes back to where she started, playing covers and requests....

Quote Originally Posted by JHV View Post
    Hopefully the month off in-between shows has led to Tori coming up with a few new surprises to add in along with the other new arrangements this summer like Code Red, Waitress, and Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Geraldines.
    Heh, and I could go for her never arranging anything like those again. ;-)

is that it? Is it over? 10 songs and 4 of which were covers? Wow, I'd be pissed if I'd gone to see that. Poor Swedish fans.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    After Amber Waves was Leather, Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Unrepentant Geraldines mashup, Hey Jupiter, Raspberry Swirl mashed with You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)

I think she skipped a song because the paper blew away and she couldn't find it.

She did like a Pride segment with Taxi Ride, Real Men and Philadelphia.

So, Tori was in a great mood and she sounded and looked amazing. The set list was a bit strange, with all the covers (and no Cornflake Girl or Precious Things). Like I said, I think Real Men and Philadelphia was there because of Pride, and Teen Spirit was aparently a request. I was surprised when she didn't come out for an encore, there was definately time for it.

This was the best Real Men I've ever heard, by far. It was ferocious. I love this arrangement for Taxi Ride, it's gorgeous. My friend who has only really heard whatever I've happened to play now and then really liked it, especially Teen Spirit, Silent and Real Men.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    it's good to hear that Tori seems happy, healthy and really into her live performances these days. that said, i'm kind of over the multiple covers and mashups. don't get me wrong, SLTS and Real Men are among my top five favorite Tori covers. but still ... just a cover or two with full length versions of her own songs is what i'd prefer.

This may be /OT, but does anyone know when she started doing the bow she does as she enters the stage at the beginning of her performances?

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    This may be /OT, but does anyone know when she started doing the bow she does as she enters the stage at the beginning of her performances?
    I want to say it started during the Scarlet's Walk era but I'm not 100 percent sure on that.

Real Men

Bliss

Siren/Silent All These Years

I was kinda hoping SATY and Siren was more like a traditional mash-up....

Never was one for a prissy girl.... coquette calling for an ambulance....
    what if I was a mermaid with these jeans of yours with your name still on them...

It couldn't been interesting! The SATY girl almost sounds like the prissy girl LOL
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Real Men is in a different key than she usually performs in - but it sounds strong! Belty!

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBK View Post
    I want to say it started during the Scarlet's Walk era but I'm not 100 percent sure on that.
    Spot on. Although she didn't do it in 05, 07 or 09, she brought it back on the 2010 mini tour.

Senior Member Circlesandcircles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    Did you notice the hand gestures she sometimes makes while bowing as if she is trying to get rid of something. She' s doing it here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mIepc_S359w

and here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FQSk2M5CozE

always found her bow a bit awkward sometimes, it can look like an inelegant squat, but i think that might be because of the heels/ long dress combo.