Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Stockholm, Sweden 01/08/2015

That Real Men is intense!

c'mon pigtail girls LauraPalmer's Avatar
    i wonder what tori's fascination is lately with Depeche Mode's In Your Room. i had never even heard of it before
    nothing's gonna stop me from floating

I love both Bliss and Real Men here. She sounds like she's allowing some of the lower register back into her singing after dabbling in her higher range these last few years. These two performances were more like the Strange Little Tour which was lower and "belt-y."

I love Tori's bow and how it looks like she's casting things off her.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraPalmer View Post
    i wonder what tori's fascination is lately with Depeche Mode's In Your Room. i had never even heard of it before
    I mean, it's a great song and it was a single from the record it came from, so it's not really that left field.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^Yes, that.

And had most people heard of Real Men or Rattlesnakes before SLG? In Your Room is a great song, and so is Songs of Faith and Devotion, the album it came from

Considering when Songs of Faith came out too, I'm not surprised she'd be at least aware of it; I would reckon she just likes 90s Depeche Mode though.

You can see Marcel coming over to her piano during Real Men. That was because her lyric sheet (plus like half of the others) blew off the piano during the song. He jumped up to fetch it, but she put her hand up to stop him. Before the song she had said that she hadn't played that song in a long time and might screw it up, but she continued like a champ. It just got more intense after that (and she looked like she was very relieved each time she remembered how the next verse began).

I can see the back of my head in that Real Men video. I thought it was an amazing performance of that song, loved the lower register. Actually, lots of dynamic switching between low and high register during this show.

That Real Men is awesome.