Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Björk - New Album News Thread - Aug 4 update

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You think Homogenic and Vespertine are total pop albums. Gosh. The melodies on those albums? Pure heaven. Hidden Place, Pagan Poetry, Joga, etc.
    Was this to me?? I do. Not all aspects of either album are what I would call pure pop, but plenty of those songs have very strong hooks and fall into pop music structure.
    Last edited by dAmION; 08-11-2017 at 04:40 AM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Well, she is a popular artist.

I will say this. Volta was a very important album for me.. my username and all that and even more important was Biophilia. It was a self-help kind of record. I know it had more gimmicks than a flying trapeze show on the outside but when I heard those lyrics for the first time it was just very needed again.

Moon: Best way to start-a-new is to fail miserably. Fail at loving and fail at giving. Fail at creating a flow then realign the whole WTF? How did she know I needed to hear that right then and there lol. Have we ever had an artist whose mother tongue was not English that knew all the ways to relate to English speakers with her lyrics?

Thuderbolt: My romantic gene is dominant and it hungers for union Universal intimacy. All embracing.
    May I, should I, can I or have I too often craved miracles?
    Waves irregularly striking. Wind stern in my face.
    Thunderstorm, come, scrape those barnacles off me!
    - That's the end of a relationship pick me up if I've ever heard any lyrics like it before.

Crystalline: It's the sparkle you become. Conquer anxiety. Sparkle you become. Conquer anxiety

And all of Mutual Core.
    Last edited by Volta; 08-11-2017 at 06:27 AM.
    Gone. When hope is almost gone, you know that's the time we must stand strong --
    Every girl in every band- Every cosmic cowboy in the land -to the Earth will you show mercy?

^ music video had a lot to do with her success, her videos were on MTV a lot. I remember them showing It's Oh So Quiet and Bachelorette (and others of course, but especially those two) repeatedly
    Also, her single run up to (and including imo) Medulla is spectacular

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Yes, MTV loved her.
    Gone. When hope is almost gone, you know that's the time we must stand strong --
    Every girl in every band- Every cosmic cowboy in the land -to the Earth will you show mercy?

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    Was this to me?? I do. Not all aspects of either album are what I would call pure pop, but plenty of those songs have very strong hooks and fall into pop music structure.
    No. I'm actually quite confused. It seems that auto correct did something and now I have no idea what if meant to type. It definitely wasn't "You think Homogenic and Post are total pop albums." I think I was trying to say that they WERE pop albums because someone had mentioned some albums as being pop and left those out. Now I can't even find where that was. Ugh.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

I think Biophilia is phenomenal.

There are several magazines Bjork will grace the cover of in September and there are rumours that the album will be released on Sept 22nd. Fingers crossed.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

^That's cool. She probably wants to minimize the chances of leaking but I wonder when the video for "The Gate" will be released?

For the September issue of Interview (Germany):

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO much better than the last few eras!!!! I adore all those pictures!!!

Soooooo so pretty! The woman is 51 and she looks a sprightly 21 there.
    Last edited by Domandapiano; 08-16-2017 at 01:06 PM.

^Yup, these pictures definitely speak "lighter album" to me.

An interview in German Interview magazine, conducted at the same time as the Dazed one, mentions - apart from flutes and birdsong - also harps and an Icelandic choir (still not recorded at that time).

Damn, she is gorgeous!
    My face screams without an emotion

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Yes, MTV loved her.
    Speaking of video music channels in the 90's, I loved that VH1 sampled her for "Insomniac Music Theatre". Takes me back