Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 559

Thread: Björk - Utopia - New Album News Thread - [Sept 14 update]

  1. #541
    sing to the moon dAmION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA area.
    Posts
    4,606
    ^Ah, "Twinkle"! Ya I can definitely see that. They do share a similar kind of sound and feeling.

  2. #542
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    712
    I love how you can hear her smiling when she sings "Watch me form new nests, weave a matriarchal dome, build a musical scaffolding..."

  3. #543
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    712
    https://soundcloud.com/pitchfork/pit...ight-out-bjork

    GREAT interview. She talks about mixing the album with two female sound engineers with very different styles/approaches, rehearsing flutes with the girls on TGIFridays, her collaboration with Arca and getting inspired by gay Italian techno, bicycling around Brooklyn while listening to SZA, and more. She also describes herself as "definitely not celibate" and a "moist halibut".

  4. #544
    Senior Member SloppyJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,057
    I just realized there's an extra "s" in "Losss" and it's bothering me deeply.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/pitchfork/pit...ight-out-bjork

    GREAT interview. She talks about mixing the album with two female sound engineers with very different styles/approaches, rehearsing flutes with the girls on TGIFridays, her collaboration with Arca and getting inspired by gay Italian techno, bicycling around Brooklyn while listening to SZA, and more. She also describes herself as "definitely not celibate" and a "moist halibut".
    At first I was like "well, she's talked about that before".... but then "moist halibut"!?!?!?!? I'm all in!

  6. #546
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,941
    I love the art direction of this video


  7. #547
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,941

  8. #548
    Militia of the Mind toriMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,941

  9. #549
    Senior Member take_offs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

  10. #550
    sing to the moon dAmION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA area.
    Posts
    4,606
    Quote Originally Posted by take_offs View Post
    ^That was beautiful! Between this and the video for "The Gate" this is turning out to be one of her best visual periods in AWHILE. I'd love to see a longer film/narrative in this visual world she's created.
    Last edited by dAmION; 12-08-2017 at 10:24 PM.

  11. #551
    Senior Member hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    361
    That was beautiful. I would like a video for "Losss" – that would be intense for sure. For whatever reason it also strikes me as a good concert opener...

  12. #552
    Cosmic Flavor Yo Jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,659
    the visuals are stunning, the music still so impenetrable
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

  13. #553
    sing to the moon dAmION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA area.
    Posts
    4,606
    ^hmm, I think the music on that track is relatively straightforward..I think that fact that it was arranged for flutes somewhat throws people off. Imagine if it was written for strings, people would be saying, "This is another Homogenic!"

  14. #554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    ^hmm, I think the music on that track is relatively straightforward..I think that fact that it was arranged for flutes somewhat throws people off. Imagine if it was written for strings, people would be saying, "This is another Homogenic!"
    Yeah but no.

    The lyrics would still be juvenile, the beats would still be misplaced. It wouldn't be that much better.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Yeah but no.

    The lyrics would still be juvenile, the beats would still be misplaced. It wouldn't be that much better.
    I don't know... i think Damion has a point. Bjork's lyrics have never been that great and the only heavily cringe inducing song on Utopia is Saint.

    I think people also found the beats on All Neon Light, Pluto and 5 Years a bit jarring.

    i hands down thing people would love this if the flutes were replaced with strings. But i also think in a few years time, people will be praising Utopia as one of her best and stating that it was ahead of its time...just like Medulla.

    Also, i dont think the songs themselves are impenetrable, just the album when listened in its entirety.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •