Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    I still have last years Devil's Night along with a bunch of imps. I'm burning Marie right now.
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

Wow, an interview with the owner of BPAL at a Will Call. Apparently this was shot last year.

So nice to see what the BPAL shop actually looks like after all these years, not to mention Beth and Ted.

That was really neat.

^^^Yes! Beth seems really cool.

O.M.G. The Last Unicorn Scents are out!

http://www.conlanpress.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=CM

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has achieved worldwide renown for its extraordinary potions and perfumes. To our great delight, they are also fans of Peter S. Beagle's work and have now created a special collection of 28 scents inspired by The Last Unicorn. These scents will be released in four quarterly selections of seven scents each.

The first seven scents are available for pre-order now, and will start shipping mid-October. This selection features Lilac Wood, The Last Unicorn, The Butterfly, Mommy Fortuna, The Midnight Carnival, The Ninth Cage, and Arachne of Lydia.

Are they just another set of retail exclusives or will they be sold through the Lab eventually?

Looks like there's a section on the BPAL website for The Last Unicorn scents, so, they should be live at the lab at some point!

Alright, now that my stepdaughter's wedding is over I have cobbled together enough $$$ to order some Pumpkin Pie Bath Oil from the Trading Post. I have my life back!

Component issues have yet again resulted in mass discontinuation of GC scents:

Quote Originally Posted by posted today by the Lab
    We do have a bit of bad news: several scents have been discontinued immediately due to component issues. We apologize sincerely for the lack of warning; it hit us suddenly.

The following scents are no longer available, effective immediately:

* Midnight on the Midway (Carnaval Diabolique)
    * Gluttony (Sin and Salvation)
    * Fairy Market (Stardust)
    * The Great Red Dragon (Salon)
    * Phantom Queen (Diablous)
    * Regan (Illyria)
    * Suspiro (Ars Amatoria)
    * Sophia (Excolo)
    * Shadow Witch Orchid (Rappaccini's Garden)
    * Pais de la Canela (Wanderlust)
    * March Hare (Mad Tea Party)
    * The Coil (Phoenix Steamworks)
    * Midnight (Ars Amatoria)
    * Moon Rose (Rappaccini's Garden)
    * Niflheim (Wanderlust)
    * Nuit (Excolo)
    * Silence (Salon)
    * Flora (The District)
    * Szepasszony (Diabolus)
    * Violet Ray (Phoenix Steamworks)

Pending orders will still be filled, but we do not have enough stock to accept new orders for these scents.

The price for the Salon series 1 & 2 imp packs have been adjusted to reflect this change, as well.

The following scents will be discontinued when the update goes live on Wednesday night:

* Black Dahlia (Sin and Salvation)
    * Ile de la Tortuga (Wanderlust)
    * Magdalene (Sin and Salvation)
    * Psyche (Ars Amatoria)
    * Sundew (Rappaccini's Garden)

Thank you for understanding!

I'm sorry, I have to bump this thread to let off steam because I'm so furious I missed the Schwarzer Mond update. It's the ONLY scent that really works for me all year round. *kicks cat*

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    I NEED HELP.

I have not allowed myself to get into BPAL because I know I will get addicted. But I'm in the market for perfume, and I'd rather spend 60 on BPAL than 60 on Gaultier, because it's so different. WHAT DO I DO?? Is there a taster pack?

(PS love Gaultier but both my sister and mum use his perfume, so it is strange for a Kim)

You can get sample sizes of anything in the general catalogue from the Lab for $4 each or six for $22 but the shipping is horrendous ($13 to the UK) and you'll wait at least a month to receive anything. I'd suggest having a look at the site for scent descriptions that appeal to you then hitting ebay where there are usually a few people here in the UK selling bunches of imps at any one time, usually for a fraction of the retail cost. That way you can check out whether it's the sort of thing that's going to work for you without spending a chunk of money.

I don't know how painless it is to ship overseas, but you might also want to check out Lucky Scent and The Perfumed Court. Both offer samples of hard to find perfumes. You can pay $3-4 for a little vial that you can stretch into a dozen wearings or so instead of $100 for the full bottle.