Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Basel, Switzerland 06/11/2015

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    Haha, I kind of liked that whole Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Unrepentant Geraldines situation....I don't know why

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Her voice is great but... This performance is horrible. It's the worst I've ever heard her sound on a televised performance. So tight, choked, and shaky... does she still get nervous for TV? It's the only explanation I can think of.
    I mean her voice doesn't sound amazing on the recording, but I think if you compare it to the youtube clips, the mixing (?) of the audio for the professional recording is quite unforgiving. I'm sure her voice would have sounded great being their.

It reminds me of the Legs and Boots recordings where the vocals are almost too clear and up-front, compared to say Venus Live (I know her voice WAS stronger back then as well) but there's something about it that sounds more like what it sounds like at the actual live concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Malike-pakile View Post
    Haha, I kind of liked that whole Cruel/Sweet Sangria/Unrepentant Geraldines situation....I don't know why
    I think it's terrible.

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    That is what I like about the whole thing. The fact that these songs seem to not be linked at all makes it kind of like a new song on its own. Take three seperate pieces, throw them together and see if it becomes something on its own.

I am not saying this is the best thing ever, of course. I am not even saying that the execution is good. I just kinda like it .

London '99 is truly one of the best boots of all time.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Oh god, suddenly it's 2009 all over again. She's been killing it 90% since 2011 but this is not good. She's either slightly sick, nervous or both. The mixing is an issue as well making her voice sound so terribly dry.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuin View Post
    She's either slightly sick, nervous or both. The mixing is an issue as well making her voice sound so terribly dry.
    I imagine she's pretty exhausted. UG tour was the first tour since 2011 - there was a 3 year gap, with an album recorded in bits and pieces. She's gone from doing UG and the tour to recording and producing TLP and promoting it. Girl needs to take longer breaks these days!
    ~just an underwater thing~

Banned
    This broadcast! My friend posted on Facebook and always a huge fanboy of soundboard Tori shows; add another to the growing pile. What gets me is her voice, it's so expressive and has been since the well a little bit during NOH but very much started with Parasol/Datura Bridge on the UG tour. It didn't make the album but the live shows are where we flock - she lost nothing in the power. The Waitress being best example obvious but she's having a blast with that song these days and doesn't have to be angry to still give it umph, she was more giddy singing it.

Highlights - Floating City (gem of YKTR), Graveyard, Cruel mash-up (this was spectacular and glad I finally heard this in quality) and the best Talula since 2001.

Lowpoint - China but that goes with any set lists, added improv could not save this Beekeeper cut of the 90's.

Also I was totally not here for anything The Light Princess related; would not even consider going if it toured and the two songs we got from her. The Darkest Hour is nice but *shrugs*. Need new LP.