Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Terrorism threat thread

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    I just had a look at the Guardian's album of the London Bridge area this morning.

REALLY fucking weird. I walk from London Bridge to Waterloo almost every day and it's bizarre seeing those streets emptied of pedestrians and just full of armed officers. The cordoned area is pretty large and very densely populated so it must have been a huge operation. The police have done extraordinarily well in these circumstances I have to say.

I was at London Bridge about 90 minutes before the attacks last night. It feels unreal that the calm station as I left it on a balmy Saturday evening now looks like a war zone.

They all, police and public alike, did an outstanding job. Did you see that guy who held onto his beer all the time he was running away from the pub? That's my kind of hero.

There is an "incident" at Notre Dame and Paris police are asking people to avoid the area. Here we go again.

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/872100169692708866

So a lone dude with a hammer is a terror attack, but white dudes shooting multiple people still merely have "mental problems".

Iran was hit by a terrorist attack. Trump's response was that they had it coming.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/8/1...ntial-response

On Wednesday morning, gunmen and suicide bombers terrorized central Tehran, hitting parliament and the mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini in attacks that left 12 dead and 42 injured. ISIS quickly claimed responsibility for the terrible events, while Iran’s elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps alleged that Saudi Arabia, Iran’s regional rival, was behind the attacks.

Several hours after the attacks, the White House issued a statement addressing Iran’s tragic day. But rather than extending a hand in understanding, or simply issuing a traditional, if rote, message of condolence, the president essentially cast blame back on Iran itself.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    London attack: one dead in 'potential terrorist attack' near Finsbury Park mosque, PM says – live
    Morning summary

A van has driven into a crowd of worshippers after they left a mosque in north London, killing one man and injuring eight other people in what police described as a “major incident”.
    The counter-terrorism unit is investigating the crime, which took place on a street crowded by worshippers following Ramadan prayers.
    Prime minister Theresa May said police were treating the incident in Finsbury Park “as a potential terrorist attack”. She said she would chair a meeting of the Cobra emergency committee the later on Monday morning.
    Jeremy Corbyn, whose constituency includes Finsbury Park, has said he was “totally shocked”.
    Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, has condemned the incident as a “horrific terrorist attack” on “innocent Londoners” and said police have been deployed extra police to reassure communities, especially those observing Ramadan.
    London ambulance service said the eight injured were taken to three hospitals, and an unknown number of others were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
    The van driver – a 48-year-old man – was arrested at the scene by the police after being detained by passersby. He has been taken to hospital as a precaution and will also undergo a mental health assessment.
    Police said they first responded to reports of a traffic collision at about 12.20am on Monday.
    The white van hit people outside the Muslim Welfare House on Seven Sisters Road. Two witnesses reported seeing three people leave the van, however, police said no other suspects have been identified or reported to police.
    The Muslim Council of Great Britain said the attack was ‘motivated by Islamophobia’. The Muslim Welfare House has called for calm.
    Diane Abbott, the MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, which borders Finsbury Park, has called for a review of security for all mosques.

Last edited by beanstew; 06-19-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Another van driven into a crowd, this time in Barcelona. A reporter on the scene is saying probably 10 - 13 dead. Some of the bodies shown on CNN looked like they might be children based on their size.

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    Ah, fuck! It's never ending.
    I've been there. It's the busiest place in Barcelona, as there is a wide pedestrian mall in between two roads with street vendors/cafés/bars, it's always full of people.

Im so sad....

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    The number of injured has gone up to a 100.

Apparently there's also been a second incident in Barcelona, a car hit two police officers. No word on whether it was intentional or not...

Trump took no time in denouncing that terrorist act!

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Device detonated on Tube train in London.

Parsons Green explosion: video shows burning device as police launch terrorism inquiry – latest updates

Doesn't look like anyone was killed or seriously injured, thankfully.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Again? Again. Right. Time to check in on my London friends.

So this just happened: they're not sure if it's a terrorist yet or not.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...history-museum

Several people have been injured after a car reportedly drove into people outside London’s Natural History Museum.

Scotland Yard said a number of pedestrians had been injured in the incident in Exhibition Road in South Kensington shortly after 2.20pm on Saturday.

Pictures and footage shared on social media showed street damage and a large police presence in the capital’s museum district, which is home to the NHM, the Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum.